Keratin treatment

(6 Posts)
iamthemusicman Wed 10-Jun-15 16:52:33

I've used the Amazon keratin treatment that's been recommended on here a few times and been really happy with it, it really needs doing again but I'm 22 weeks pregnant so I'm not sure whether or not it's safe?

Has anyone else used it in pregnancy or can anyone recommend another one that would be safe to use?

lottiesatitagain Wed 10-Jun-15 16:57:52

No definitely not safe when pregnant. It has formeldehyde in it.

The ones without formeldehyde do not work.

Superexcited Wed 10-Jun-15 16:59:35

It's not safe in pregnancy. I have had it done a few times but as soon as I stopped using contraceptives I stopped getting keratin treatments. It isn't even guaranteed safe for non pregnant ladies.

TeacupTravels Wed 10-Jun-15 17:00:51

I wouldn't in pregnancy but I thought it didn't have formeldehyde now? I've had 2 and one was left on a while and worked the other hasnt worked so well. Both stank though.

Superexcited Wed 10-Jun-15 17:04:21

Those without formaldehyde have been found to have other aldehydes which are just as harmful. I wouldn't even use one whilst breast feeding or whilst I have a small baby who is going to be cuddling on me daily.

notthestereotype Wed 10-Jun-15 18:04:56

The one you're talking about OP doesn't contain formaldehyde, but it contains something else which some say is just as bad. I've used it about 4 times, but decided the last time, it would be just that...the last time. It used to hurt my chest and then I read some disturbing reports about the replacement ingredient and decided it wasn't worth it.

It says on the box you shouldn't use it when pregnant, or around children at all. I would go a step further though and knock it on the head altogether. I know it works really well, but I would do some research before you continue using it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now