Talk

Advanced search

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

(18 Posts)
sksk Wed 10-Jun-15 16:29:20

Is this really that good? My skin is a little on the sensitive side (some sunscreens can sting), I have some redness on my nose, but am otherwise combination/dehydrated. Could always try it out but really wanted to know if it would work with this kind of skin. Suspect my skin might be more combination through the summer then get a little drier towards winter. I'm currently trialling lots of Paula's choice products, which are very different from botanically based products! Thanks in advance.

Indecisivejo Wed 10-Jun-15 16:57:17

Some people swear by it but I really didn't like it and it didn't agree with my skin which is very sensitive.

NomiMalone Wed 10-Jun-15 17:02:28

I think it's crap.

Just an overrated seriously average product.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 17:03:25

I used it for years, it was only when I stopped I realised how harsh it is. The Superdrug version is better I I, and of course a third of the price!

dexter73 Wed 10-Jun-15 17:16:33

It was no good for my face. I have used this and it is very good for sensitive skin.

Bakeoffcake Wed 10-Jun-15 17:18:03

I've used it for years and it's great in my skin, which is combination and I have breakouts occasionally.

I like the fact it takes off mascara at the same time- I can't be bothered with faffing with an eye makeup remover.

BradleyCooperwillbemine Wed 10-Jun-15 18:19:05

Like Dame, I used it for soooo many years and loved it. I switched about 8 weeks ago and my skin is looking soooo much better. For the first time in 18 months I don't have any chin spots.

GeorgiaOQueef Wed 10-Jun-15 18:23:22

Just to contradict everone, I switched to the Superdrug one (tried the green one first and had to bin it as it stung like buggery, then tried the vitamin E) and it is horrible so I have gone back to Liz Earle. Even though it is overpriced. Every time I try to save money I end up wasting more money. I would like to find an alternative to Liz Earle but can't face any more costly experimenting.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 18:25:09

Georgia - E45 emoliant wash is far superior ime.

CityDweller Wed 10-Jun-15 18:25:32

Triggered rosacea for me. Wish I'd stopped using it earlier as I refused to believe it could be the LE stuff.

sksk Wed 10-Jun-15 18:25:43

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen- is that the Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser..or a Vit E one (maybe they are the same)? I have recently bought their overnight glycolic treatment but have only used it a few times. (Although, if that is not working for my face, I could use it on my feet!)

BradleyCooperwillbemine- did you switch back to C+P and your skin improved or it improved when you used something else?

Maybe the organic surge one is worth trying-can you buy it in Boots? I am trialling Paula's Choice products-some have been hit, others miss. The main thing is there is no fragrance.

My skin is confused right now and I would just like to look good again. I saw how tired and worn out I looked today in the mirror during a yoga class and I'm only 31 (with a toddler and a job and I'm writing a thesis, so I guess I have a lot on my plate) and I just want to have some confidence back!

GeorgiaOQueef Wed 10-Jun-15 18:26:41

Thanks. Do you think the muslins had anything to do with rosacea, rather than the actual product?

dexter73 Wed 10-Jun-15 18:28:52

I don't think Boots stock Organic Surge. I buy from their website.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 18:31:26

I think the essential oils triggered my red skin, eucalyptus and Rosemary are really strong.

Both the Superdrug washes are good. The Naturally Radiant one is the dupe for LE as it's even the same coloured box with greenly blue hemmed muslin.

I much prefer a soft flannel to muslin cloths.

BradleyCooperwillbemine Wed 10-Jun-15 18:32:54

Mine has improved since I stopped using it. I don't have anywhere near the redness I used to have. I loved using it, loved everything about it, but about 18 months ago my skin really flared up after using some new products recommended on here(!). Its only now its cleared up using Boots Simply Senstive cleanser and moisturiser (reduced to £1.39 - wow - last of the big spenders I know). Whilst I don't enjoy using them as much as LE I am enjoying my skin so much more.

sksk Wed 10-Jun-15 18:33:43

I have read that certain essential oils can be quite irritating to the skin and that the muslin cloths can be a bit harsh. Maybe I should stop watching QVC (I watch for entertainment!)! In fact, I used to really like the Clinique Redness relief cleanser-it is creamy and fragrance free. Got a thumbs up on beautypedia, too.

Baddz Wed 10-Jun-15 18:34:50

Love it

Bostonpj Wed 10-Jun-15 19:51:04

I use it and my skin looks much better for it. I'm not sensitive to anything although i get patches of eczema occasionally. It really works well for me. I splurge on the superskin range every 4/5 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now