Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for 'round' people!!

(12 Posts)
Dolallytats Wed 10-Jun-15 13:57:11

I need something to wear for a Christening in July. I am 5'2 and a size 20 with small boobs and a large stomach and bum. I look like a ball!!

I would like a skirt or a dress that I can wear afterwards to. I'm too skint to buy something just to wear once!! It's not a posh do or anything so that makes it easier. I don't do heels so will be wearing sandals-probably my much adored white Birkenstocks (see, really not a posh do smile

If that wasn't a big enough list, I would like the skirt/dress to be on-the-knee and I would quite like to avoid black because it's will be hot and I'd like to look a bit more summery.

I don't like Evans clothes, they don't hang well on me-probably the lack of boob!! Does anyone know of any shops selling cheap, flattering and summery clothes for us who channel Makka Pakka as a body role model?? grin

TIA

Germgirl Wed 10-Jun-15 13:59:41

Yours clothing some of their stuff is truly hideous but some is quite nice. And it's cheap.

Germgirl Wed 10-Jun-15 14:01:39

I'm a very similar shape, although much bigger (currently size 30, rapidly shrinking since weight loss surgery) and I've bought some quite nice dresses from Yours. The first two on the 'dresses' link on the website might be suitable?

Marylou2 Wed 10-Jun-15 14:27:14

What about Boden? Lots of pretty summer dresses and skirts there in nice natural fibres. Have a lovely time.

mimiasovitch Wed 10-Jun-15 18:27:03

How about the lady voluptuous range from lady v vintage?

mimiasovitch Wed 10-Jun-15 18:28:13

Here

RaisingSteam Wed 10-Jun-15 18:33:33

A friend of mine is a big fan of Taking Shape if there's a branch near you? I mean they do mail order too but dresses are much better tried on.

Dolallytats Wed 10-Jun-15 19:53:45

Thank you everyonesmile I'm going to spend the evening researching all of the shops you've all mentioned.

Fingers crossed I find something!!

Figroller Wed 10-Jun-15 20:18:41

Asos curve have some nice things.

Chewbecca Wed 10-Jun-15 20:25:44

How much is your budget? Phase 8 dresses often go up to a 20 & can be quite flatteringly designed for bigger figures.

How are your arms? this one is £99 & might be flattering.
If you have a waitrose nearby you could order lots on click & collect to try at home & return all the ones that don't work.

travailtotravel Wed 10-Jun-15 21:19:09

I second Taking Shape - I just discovered them recently and went quite out of my way to visit an actual shop. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful (rather than patronising), I feel sure you'll get something in there that would do the job.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Wed 10-Jun-15 21:22:32

Simplybe has some nice stuff in, the shops are quite good but the website is dreadful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now