Talk

Advanced search

What to do with fake tan?

(7 Posts)
springsprang Wed 10-Jun-15 11:58:40

Not sure that I'm posting in the right place as my problem makes me neither stylish nor beautiful. I have a REALLY bad goggle-type tan on my face from a combination of allergy to most sunscreen (can only use p20, factor 20) and wearing larger than usual sunglasses. I know that I should've worn a hat over the last few days but I haven't and I have a ball at the weekend.

So what to do? I popped into Boots and bought their own brand tan for about £7. Do I apply it to just the white bits? Is it safe to put around my eyes? If I put it on my already tanned bits will they go darker or is tan set to a certain colour? Should I just buy a really dark one and put it over everything?

specialsubject Wed 10-Jun-15 12:01:34

it will NEVER match, especially as fake tan is ALWAYS orange.

wait 3 days while wearing hat outside. Problem solved, or at any rate that it won't show in artificial light under a bit of slap.

AMcoffeeLover Wed 10-Jun-15 15:01:29

Don't fake tan!!!!! Use makeup to blend and cover.

ivykaty44 Wed 10-Jun-15 15:57:40

Exfoliate your face, this will help. Only do this once though. Then as others have said blend with makeup

springsprang Wed 10-Jun-15 17:33:50

So as a little update - I sat out at lunchtime for about 30 minutes with no sunglasses (I had to put little cardboard discs over my actual eye though, how does anybody sunbathe??). The difference is still striking though. I've used brown eyeshadow in the past to fill in the bit over my nose, but would be scared to use it on such a big area? I don't really do much make-up - have a tinted moisturiser but I don't think that will cut it. Will do a St Ives scrub tonight and see what happens.

CointreauVersial Wed 10-Jun-15 18:54:20

Go and find some foundation that matches your dark bits and use that around the eye area. Blend it in really well.

I did this after skiing in goggles - I looked ridiculous.

McWeedie Wed 10-Jun-15 18:57:44

Matt Bronzing powder applied with a large brush and build up the colour till it matches

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now