Talk

Advanced search

Tights advice - Wolford vs Falke vs Autograph

(16 Posts)
larahusky Tue 09-Jun-15 22:28:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Buttwing Tue 09-Jun-15 22:36:34

I have one pair of opaque tights I've had them for six years and they look brand new. Originally I had loads but after I bought these I binned the others because I never wore them.
Wolford all the way for me. smile

LondonRocks Tue 09-Jun-15 23:29:26

Wolford!

sonata1 Tue 09-Jun-15 23:44:20

Sorry to gatecrash this thread. I want some Wolford tights myself for my daughter's wedding. I have varicose veins and a big area of telangiectasia on my ankle. Normally wear jeans ! Any recommendations for which kind to get. Just natural looking with good coverage but not too thick

Shonajay Wed 10-Jun-15 05:48:40

I got some verticals triple black wolf odds on eBay ten years ago, and they're still perfect. They often sell seconds if the packaging is bashed. Fab tights, but I wouldn't pay full price.

Bearleigh Wed 10-Jun-15 07:14:07

I had one pair of Wolford black semi- opaque that lasted ages and felt lovely right up to the end; no bobbling. They did die eventually but cost per wear was probably around 25p.

Both Wolford and falke are very good. There's an outlet section on wolford's website

oliviafrombolivia Wed 10-Jun-15 08:28:53

put a hole through the toe of my Wolford tights within a couple of weeks, cheaper brands still going strong. Also built for very tall women, so if you are a shorty like me beware!

Bearleigh Wed 10-Jun-15 08:41:05

Olivia did you take your Wolfords back? That is unusual I think.

Madbengalmum Wed 10-Jun-15 09:07:33

Wolford are the best opaques.
Wolford and falke are excellent for tights natural ones, wolford seem to last longest though.
Wouldnt class anything by m and s as being in the same league as the aforementioned manufacturers.

Madbengalmum Wed 10-Jun-15 09:08:35

Plus i am certainly not tall and have never had a problem with wolford??!!

daftyburd Wed 10-Jun-15 11:46:54

I'm only 5ft 3 and never had an issue with Wolford. No Norah Batty ankles ever. Just wish I could afford them now. These were my pre child tights of choice and they do last.

larahusky Wed 10-Jun-15 12:29:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 10-Jun-15 15:51:22

I think TKMaxx sell them sometimes

TheVeryThing Wed 10-Jun-15 15:53:16

yes 70s, I came on to suggest TKMaxx too
My Mum treated me to a pair of wolford tights a couple of years ago and they are still perfect, wish I could afford them myself

Annarose2014 Wed 10-Jun-15 15:54:35

sonata I read on a here someone with Varicose Veins swearing by Wolford Neons. They supposedly hide a multitude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now