Talk

Advanced search

The receptionist at the swimming pool asked me....

(9 Posts)
Panadbois Tue 09-Jun-15 21:24:01

...if I wanted an adult ticket tonight. Firstly I thought she must think I'm young looking, until my sodding DH pointed out cruelly she probably meant I looked like an OAP.
shock
Granted, My boobs were dangling braless under my bathing suit. Granted, I am dying my hair lighter to disguise the fact I'm going grey.
But I'm 42 FFS.

I'm so depressed now sad

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 09-Jun-15 21:25:30

She probably just meant as opposed to having some discount or membership. smile

Gunpowder Tue 09-Jun-15 21:25:31

Noooooo! Don't think that, prob lots of people bring their kids/teens to swim without them. I bet you look fab.

nightswift Tue 09-Jun-15 21:26:04

I would assume she was adking whether i wanted adult (full price) or conession. You don't have to be an oap to qualify for a concession ticket!

Panadbois Tue 09-Jun-15 22:35:05

Thank you for your kind positive words. Probably feeling a bit lacking in the self esteem department at the mo. At least I am doing something productive about my appearance like going swimming and have started SW two weeks ago.
I don't mind looking 42. I really don't!
I am not a smoker and haven't been abroad for ten years so my face shouldn't be wrinkly!
Think maybe I should go on that programme, Ten Years
Younger!

dylsmimi Tue 09-Jun-15 22:40:39

Maybe she thought you were a student? Or had a membership? Or probably just asks 'do you want an adult ticket' as it is the least offensive for those that don't ie teenagers like looking older/oaps like looking younger - so out of habit asks everyone (apart from obvious children! )

PigeonPie Tue 09-Jun-15 22:43:06

Panadbois - if it's any consolation, a telephone 'seller' rang this evening and asked to speak to Mr PigeonPie. I asked him what it was regarding as I always do and he asked if he could speak to 'my parents'.

I told him in no uncertain terms that I was the joint owner of the house and sent him off with a flea in his ear.

I'm almost 45 fgs! I don't think I sound that young and I spend quite a bit of the day on the 'phone with my work!

mumofthemonsters808 Tue 09-Jun-15 22:52:30

I really would not interpret this comment as mistaking you for an OAP. I think your Husband is winding you up.Maybe I'm being naive, but if she said this to me I'd just presume she was checking I was not a member.SO don't dwell on it, throw it away and enjoy your swimming and good luck with Sw.

Panadbois Wed 10-Jun-15 08:10:42

smile Thank you. Do I have your permission to wallop him? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now