Talk

Advanced search

Mother of the Groom - trousers?

(5 Posts)
kiwidreamer Tue 09-Jun-15 21:01:49

My brother is getting married on a tropical island on the beach and my Mum is struggling to find something to wear. She is a larger size 14 and very rarely wears dresses - would it be okay for her to wear trousers of the floaty kind?

My thoughts are that she would be best to find a dressy version of her normal style but I dont want her to look swamped by too much floatiness

Any suggestions of styles / retailers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheesypop Tue 09-Jun-15 21:12:23

My mum wore trousers to one of her children's weddings and looked great. They were floaty, dove grey with a long-ish matching dove grey jacket and a plain silky top underneath. With hat and shoes it looked lovely and definitely dressed up enough. I think she had a corsage which helped her stand out as 'bridal party'. I think she was about a size 16 at the time. I can't quite recall where it was from - maybe Frasers or John Lewis?

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Tue 09-Jun-15 21:17:13

I think that could look lovely - what's her rough budget / thoughts on colours?

Nyborg Tue 09-Jun-15 21:22:59

CheesyPop, are you my SIL? That's exactly what my MIL wore to our wedding and she looked lovely and very weddingy.

Cheesypop Tue 09-Jun-15 21:50:35

Haha maybe Nyborg I have a few SIL and they are all lovely wink The thing is I can't remember if DM wore it to a siblings wedding or my own!

But yes, I think trousers can look fab and v weddingy and if the lady in question is more comfortable in trousers then they are going to be far happier and the day and that can only be a good thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now