Talk

Advanced search

TommyHilfiger, not really for college students is it? I'm Mid-40s and also like Hobbs

(12 Posts)
DressMeHeadToFootInTommy Tue 09-Jun-15 20:57:59

It's expensive so I won't make a habit of it. But lately I've found I can look in twenty shops and see nothing. I threw out half my clothes recently and had set aside a few hundred to replace them. Well I've just spend a third of that budget on one top. But anyway....

Is it true that it's a fraction of the price in the USA? Or do people mean that with exchange rates it works out cheaper to buy it there?

Oly4 Tue 09-Jun-15 21:04:25

I'm 38 and I love Tommy Hilfiger. I buy the odd thing in the UK but mostly buy in the US on holiday. It's just cheaper there. I don't care for the branded stuff, just the really nice quality tops and knitwear. And jeans, I've had amazing jeans there too

DressMeHeadToFootInTommy Tue 09-Jun-15 22:17:21

Now i want to go to america and buy th clothes! (Which is crazy i know) . Ibought one thing! Cheaper than a flight to america.

fredabear Tue 09-Jun-15 22:19:19

Have recently bought a couple of their lightweight jumpers, they're lovely, I want more

KittyBennett Tue 09-Jun-15 22:28:18

The hoodies are great. I get the ones without obvious branding though. Highly recommend TH as a brand.

DressMeHeadToFootInTommy Wed 10-Jun-15 07:47:08

I'm afraid I'll want more too!

squizita Wed 10-Jun-15 08:30:29

There might be a discount store in Bicester or Wembley or something?

I have found stuff in TK Maxx before too. Also found RL Polo.

DressMeHeadToFootInTommy Wed 10-Jun-15 08:52:57

Oh yes, I must go to the retail village near me. Check out their stock. There's also a Ralphie there (There is one about 70 miles away.) It would be cheaper than going to America.

Bostonpj Wed 10-Jun-15 09:09:44

Even in the outlets its expensive compared to the USA. We're about 10 mins away from Cheshire Oaks, they have an outlet there but I don't usually find anything worth buying at a price I'm happy to pay! DH Gert's all his t-shirts and polo shirts from the US and they last years.

Bostonpj Wed 10-Jun-15 09:10:27

Gert'shmm I meant gets*

ChablisChic Wed 10-Jun-15 09:45:13

I went in to a store for the first time the other day, having seen something nice in the window. I was really impressed by the stuff, some lovely knitwear, shirts and jackets I would have liked (but nothing I needed at those prices). I had thought it was just for preppy young things, but will definitely consider it again (and I'm 60!)

Oly4 Wed 10-Jun-15 16:15:24

Worth saving a few hundred quid for a flight and treating yourself to a few days in New York I say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now