Talk

Advanced search

Summer wedding in France ... One day in London for a dress...

(7 Posts)
Ringsming Tue 09-Jun-15 20:27:39

Hey ladies

Any recommendations as to good shops to go to for a summer dress for a wedding n south of France - don't think it's going to be massively formal but more worryingly full of pretty cool people with good sense of contemporary/ hipster type style...

I have a day or so in central London coming up and wondering if you have any great tips?

I'm tall probably 12 - 14 a bit hourglass, some bust.. Can pull off patterns/ something a bit quirky. Not sure where to look.

petitdonkey Tue 09-Jun-15 20:40:31

Budget??? Selfridges is hard to beat for the range but I saw so many lovely dresses on theOutnet the other day, maybe take a look.

Also read this from Wardrobe Icons.

PontypineNumber9 Tue 09-Jun-15 20:49:43

I would try Fenwicks on Bond Street. I really love the things they stock - not so much that it's overwhelming, just a lovely selection.
Also try And Other Stories on Regents Street. They have some great things at the moment.
Good luck!

Ringsming Tue 09-Jun-15 21:10:34

Thanks petit and pontypine! Love the icons article. And realise I haven't totally decided on a budget - would normally be in the 100 to 200 range but have been known to go higher for a cracker that will last. However the last time I did that I literally have worn it to the past 5 weddings I've been to - luckily little if not no overlap!

Ringsming Tue 09-Jun-15 21:20:22

Will definitely check out other stories, I think it's right up my street

gonegrey56 Tue 09-Jun-15 21:25:49

Anthropologie on Regents Street has some lovely dresses and long floaty skirts with great tops . Unusual and distinctive , quite boho , sadly I am too old for them . Well worth a look .

Ringsming Tue 09-Jun-15 21:32:08

Regent street here I come!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now