Talk

Advanced search

Hush harems are giving me a camel toe

(25 Posts)
MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 13:34:24

Help! I bought some hush harems after seeing them being much recommended (and I desperately need an alternative to wearing jeans every day). I've just tried them on and love them but they are all bunching round the crotch in a very unflattering way.
How low are you meant to wear them? Mine are on my hips but maybe they should be lower? Or are they too big? (I'm a size 14 and got m/l). Or is this just a harem-y thing?
(I'm trying to describe this well enough so I don't have to post a picture of my camel toe onto the internet grin )

PetiteBateau Tue 09-Jun-15 13:38:40

We might need to see the toe grin

AtiaoftheJulii Tue 09-Jun-15 13:41:39

The model wearing them looks like she's got a cock, so perhaps you're getting off lightly grin

MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 13:42:53

I feared as much. The only full length mirror is in DDs room and she's napping. I need a selfie stick!

mrstweefromtweesville Tue 09-Jun-15 13:43:21

What an ugly garment. Why not direct it to the excellent wheelie-storage unit in your yard?

MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 13:53:04

There is no mirror/light combination in the house where I can take such a horrifying photo fortunately!
But from seeing the model photo, I reckon mine are too small. Or rather, I'm the wrong shape for them. I'm a bit long in the body, so they are probably destined to be too short waisted for me. Definitely not enough room for a cock in mine grin. I've just found another thread listing some cheaper alternatives so might give some of them a go.

PetiteBateau Tue 09-Jun-15 13:55:58

grin the model with the penis!!

They look very comfy

DayLillie Tue 09-Jun-15 13:59:38

Maybe they are just cut too short in the crotch to waist measurement for you. It is probably adjustable if you are used to dressmaking, but if you can take them back and get your money back, easier to buy some better fitting ones.

MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 14:09:53

Yep, back in the box they go. I imagine DH will be pleased - he saw me ordering them and screwed up his face...

zgaze Tue 09-Jun-15 14:13:47

I'm a huge fan of the hush harems and have been for years, but have noticed the last couple of pairs I've had haven't been quite as slouchy -they're a bit skimpier and I have (devastatingly) found that they're not as flattering, I'm a 14 as well.

zgaze Tue 09-Jun-15 14:14:27

Can you link to the thread with alternatives?

MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 14:19:24

Someone linked to some from amazon but of course I can't find the thread again now. A few recommends for next, and also h&m although baggy knees are apparentlya problem. Also the only H&M ones I can see have a real dropped crotch. I am looking for a balance between camel toe and looking like I'm wearing a full nappy grin

MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 14:57:19

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2376266-Harem-pants-for-the-oldish-and-fatish

There's the link to the thread - hope it works...

Elysianfields Tue 09-Jun-15 15:00:31

you need this OP

www.amazon.co.uk/SmoothGroove%C2%AE-Camel-Prevention-Remedy-Black/dp/B007TU18EQ

TheFairyCaravan Tue 09-Jun-15 15:24:05

I've got loads of pairs of Next harems, MsSampson. Mine don't go baggy on the knees and I've got flamingo legs according to DS2!

GaryBaldy Tue 09-Jun-15 15:27:52

Elysian, I dread to think what is going to come up in my amazon suggestions now grin

pseudonymity Tue 09-Jun-15 16:16:45

The £12.99 ones from H&M are good I reckon, the material is lightweight so no risk of cock, camel or anything like that. They are elasticated so you wear them wherever you want on the waist or hips. The Hush ones look like heavy material and the elasticated bit on the leg is too long.

MsSampson Tue 09-Jun-15 16:47:47

What are flamingo legs fairycaravan??

Fortunately my cameltoe was not bad enough to require some bizarre plastic foof-horn!

I shall check out h&m and next then.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 09-Jun-15 16:59:59

Really, really skinny legs, MsSampson. First of all he said they were bird like, then he said "actually they are like a flamingo's legs!" hmm

specialsubject Tue 09-Jun-15 17:19:59

hammer-time!!

ZaZathecat Tue 09-Jun-15 17:30:32

Wow Elysian and it's only £40 too, what a bargain! grin grin

pseudonymity Tue 09-Jun-15 17:31:05

People have actually bought the foof horn.

Toooldtobearsed Tue 09-Jun-15 17:35:33

The ad refers to your 'chair bear" grin

I am learning new words all the time, 'ain't MN edjucashanol?

DayLillie Tue 09-Jun-15 17:46:24

I knew such things existed in the photography trade, but wearing one in the gym seems mad to me.

Never heard of chair bear either - I think I will give that a miss!

Wenglish Tue 09-Jun-15 17:50:44

Next harems are fab! I downsized and fit perfectly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now