Talk

Advanced search

Jersey maxi skirt for a short arse, on a minimal budget?

(13 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Tue 09-Jun-15 13:27:40

I quite fancy a jersey maxi skirt this summer, to wear with my beloved Birkenstocks and vest tops.

But I am mostly skint. And short. blush

I'm a size 8-10 and 5 foot 2. My legs are short - I have a long torso if that makes sense. confused

Has anyone got any recommendations?
Thanks! smile

Naicecuppatea Tue 09-Jun-15 14:46:11

Following. Same height, but opposite to you in that I have a short torso and long legs.

I've previously got one from DPs but it is way too long and the fabric isn't too nice.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 09-Jun-15 15:30:27

I've recently had a major operation on my pelvis, and they tore my bladder so I had to have a catheter for 3 weeks. I wanted some maxi skirts that were comfy and not too expensive. I bought these in navy and coral. I wasn't expecting a lot, but they are really quite nice. They'll look really nice with a vest and flip flops if it ever gets warmer!

Justputyourshoesonnow Tue 09-Jun-15 15:50:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squizita Tue 09-Jun-15 16:07:27

Also following, also 5"2. Usual solution of inappropriate wedges vetoed as I can't push a pram with them.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 09-Jun-15 16:11:30

I've got that one, too, Just and this one.

I'm 5'4 and the eBay ones I linked too come to the floor with the waist folded over, but you can adjust the length by how much you fold over the waist, IYSWIM!

CurlsLDN Tue 09-Jun-15 18:19:34

Yesterday I saw some lovely navy and white striped ones in primark for about a tenner. They were nice thick jersey. Not sure if the stripes would make you appear taller or shorter though

Contraryish Tue 09-Jun-15 18:27:24

Came on here to say Gap, or this one from Boden, which I don't have, but I do have a couple of their maxi dresses in a petite fitting and they work for me.

Suddengeekgirl Tue 09-Jun-15 19:28:08

fairy - what's the sizing like? I'm a size 10-12 in primark knickers& pjs, 8 new look chinos and 10 in fat face. confused

Are they a bit static electricity viscose or nice viscose?

Half my reasoning for maxi skirts is to cover up legs that are perhaps over due a shave! blush

TheFairyCaravan Tue 09-Jun-15 20:02:49

sudden I'm an 8 in most things and bought a 10 for comfort and I didn't want it clingy.

The viscose is ok, it's not static at all. It's the sort of quality you'd expect from Primark really. I've got a couple of Gap ones, too and they aren't 5 times the quality although they are 5 times the price IYSWIM.

Suddengeekgirl Tue 09-Jun-15 20:44:28

Thanks fairy! smile
Hope you've recovered from your surgery!

mixedpeel Wed 10-Jun-15 16:04:06

geekgirl, I bought a grey jersey maxi skirt in Lidl today for £4.99.

It is fold-uppable if you know what I mean, so you should be able to adjust to suit.

afink Wed 10-Jun-15 17:12:11

fairy, would the cheapy Ebay skirts show cellulite do you think? I have a horror of cellulite showing through long skirts. (Especially mine).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now