Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you sharpen concealer crayons in that are in a plastic case/tube?

(11 Posts)
Petal02 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:29:22

i've just bought Soap and Glory Kick Ass Blur and Brighten concealer crayon, it's got a great pointy end, so that I can get the concealer into the inner corner of my eyes. But once the end is blunt it won't be so useful, and I find concealer brushes quite fiddly.

Obviously if the casing were made of wood like a normal pencil, then I'd use a pencil sharpeners, but I can't because it's plastic. Any ideas?

CatOfTheForest Tue 09-Jun-15 08:31:42

Have you tried sharpening it? I haven't tried that particular one, but some plastic ones do "sharpen" just like wood – the plastic peels off like a pencil shaving.

CatOfTheForest Tue 09-Jun-15 08:32:29

(Or if it twists and pushes up, could you just sharpen the tip?)

Petal02 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:44:21

Cat - I hadn't realised I could sharpen it 'normally', i thought it would just turn to mush in the sharpener!

CatOfTheForest Tue 09-Jun-15 08:46:46

I don't know if you can! - just that some can so it's a possibility. (Now feeling terrible in case I cause you to ruin your crayon!)

Pumpkinette Tue 09-Jun-15 09:05:23

I didn't think you can sharpen it because it was plastic and the bottom twists to push more product up. If you are going to try sharpening the tip to get a point then I would say stick it in the fridge or freezer for a while beforehand so the concealer is not soft and mushy. I do this with eye liner and lip liner and it works.

melodycool Tue 09-Jun-15 14:42:58

Sometimes these plastic devices have a hidden sharpener in the opposite end.
I discovered this, last year!

CointreauVersial Tue 09-Jun-15 15:33:58

Yes, check in the cap or end of the pen for a little sharpener (my eyeliner has one).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 09-Jun-15 15:37:12

I wipe them on a tissue to make a pointy end.

darkness Tue 09-Jun-15 18:06:34

You can sharpen them - just like wooden ones
obv. you'd be best to bung it in the fridge for an hour first to stiffen the core just like you would a wooden one
really - no difference
the plastics been introduced as a hygene thing...but its actually usually slihgtly softer than the wooden ones..

VeganCow Wed 10-Jun-15 09:11:05

Another one here saying, yes, you can indeed sharpen them. Be careful to do it slowly and only one or two turns of the sharpener before checking it, as I find that the wooden ones take more turns to remove the casing whereas the plastic ones need less turns to remove the same amount because it peels off in a thicker layer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now