Talk

Advanced search

Is there a bra intervention team on duty?

(9 Posts)
legoholic Mon 08-Jun-15 18:01:56

Just that really! Have finally located a tape measure and have my numbers, but I don't know how to work it out.

Ta

poppym12 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:06:02

I was intervened with so (!!!) may be able to offer some advice until the very knowledgeable people arrive. Have you taken your measurements? Under, over, bent forward, lying down?

legoholic Mon 08-Jun-15 18:10:28

I've done 'firmly under the bust' and the overbust, leaning forward. I haven't done lying down yet.

Intervene me grin

legoholic Mon 08-Jun-15 18:10:49

They were 32.5 and 39.

helloelo Mon 08-Jun-15 18:18:05

I'd try a 34DD or 34E and a 32E or 32F. You might find some brand are quite tight and you won't be able to breath in a 32 but it might give you great support so try it. Bravissimo is your friend smile

poppym12 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:37:46

Is your 32.5 under with it pulled tight? I'm a 32 and a gnats fart so tried 32s and 34s ( had been wearing a 36a for years ....) but I've found 32s to be much more comfy for me as I hate that feeling when the band rides up a bit. Best to try both though to see which feels better for you. Remember to fasten on the loosest hook. Each inch counts as a cup size so if you're in the UK, start around 32f or 34e mark as shape plays a part too. Bit of a minefield at first but so worth it if you've been wearing the wrong size.

Bra Intervener reporting for duty!

I'd recommend starting with a 32E/F and working from there. Some bands run snugger than others and it also depends on your body shape and weight distribution but most people get on better with their rounded down band size.

legoholic Mon 08-Jun-15 21:11:59

Thanks a lot! So is Bravissimo good? I have one locally. there are also a couple of department stores but their lingerie sections are pretty grim.

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Jun-15 21:14:44

Bravissimo are brilliant. They have some great bras in stock at the moment too. The Panache Jasmine is gorgeous and some of their own brand half cups are gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now