Talk

Advanced search

Tit tape

(5 Posts)
UpNorthAgain Mon 08-Jun-15 09:59:00

My DD is attending a summer ball at the start of July and mentioned yesterday that she would feel more secure in her dress with some tit tape although she didn't put it quite as vulgarly as I have I've looked on Amazon, but the reviews for the brands available are quite contradictory, with some saying the product is marvellous and others saying it is useless. Does anyone have a personal recommendation? Also, is it possible to buy it on the high street rather than sending away for it? Thank you

FinallyHere Mon 08-Jun-15 10:06:17

I've used micropore tape, available from any chemist. It sticks well, so id say it works well, but there is, of course, a limit to how much it can do, so i can understand how the differing reviews might arise. I used it instead of a bra, with some success.

Wouldn't recommend it except for very exceptional circumstance ( fell in love with a stretchy dress with covered shoulders, noticed only after i bought it quite how low down the lace panel which was inset right down the back went.

There is probably another kind of tape, double sided, which you can use to stick to dress and skin. The tape wont hold weight, but can, with some fabrics, stop it falling open to create a gap.

Don't expect there is much difference between brands, would be worth buying twice as much as you think you need and trying a few dress rehearsals.

Hope it goes well, nothing so likely as to kill the please of an event as not feeling secure in your outfit.

SwearyGodmother Mon 08-Jun-15 10:13:46

I've never gone wrong with the precut strips sold in M&S lingerie department for about £5. They stick well and don't give me any kind of skin reaction (v sensitive skin).

www.marksandspencer.com/20-pack-fashion-tapes/p/p21078621

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 08-Jun-15 10:15:03

I researched this last year and ended up buying Hollywood Fashion Tape, from Amazon. It's good but you do need to practice as you can't reposition it, and it will stay stuck once on, so you really need to get it in the right place to not tell it's there.

UpNorthAgain Mon 08-Jun-15 11:16:03

Thank you, that's very helpful smile. I knew this was the right place to ask!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now