Please help me find some decent maternity clothes

(6 Posts)
PyjamasLlamas Sun 07-Jun-15 23:16:09

I'm on a roll tonight with thread starting so here's another.

Why are there no decent maternity clothes anywhere?!

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and getting bigger everyday. Pre-pregnancy was a 10-12 and haven't put on that much weight due to hypermesis until a few weeks ago. But my arse is huuuuuuuuge. I look ridiculous.

Anyway can't find anything to wear.

Baggy trousers/harem pants etc: look massive, too long, drowning in them, unflattering etc (am 5'2)
Dresses: arse looks abou a mile wide
Maxi dresses: hideous
Skinny jeans: can't breathe

For cultural reasons I can't do bare arms or short skirts/dresses either so I'm going to boil in the summer.

What to weeeear????

PyjamasLlamas Sun 07-Jun-15 23:17:00

Bare shoulders I mean. So has to have sleeves of some kind..

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 08-Jun-15 00:27:29

Leggings and long t-shirts/tunics?

H&M are usually OK for cheap basics.

straight leg jeans (under bump)?

vest tops with long cardigan over?

Oly4 Mon 08-Jun-15 17:05:08

Look, you just need to accept you're going to look massive �� Wait til you're 38 weeks, then it's a nightmare.
For what it's worth, I absolutely love Gap maternity stuff. It wears so well and is comfy. I also got some gems in the Seraphine and Blossom sales

hazelnutlatte Mon 08-Jun-15 18:00:46

I am about the same height and size as you. I am now 38 weeks and look like a weeble. Nothing is flattering so I'm going for comfortable.
H&M do some long tunic tops with sleeves in a variety of different colours. They are thin material so not too hot. I have them in a variety of colours and usually wear them with leggings (also from H&M).
I also have some good basics from new look - their maternity jeans / trousers come in short length which is handy, and they do lots of Jersey basics on their website.

PyjamasLlamas Mon 08-Jun-15 21:49:50

Why does everyone in the Seraphine catalogue look so bloody amazing? angry and on Pinterest??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now