Talk

Advanced search

Sarongs: are they still in fashion?

(8 Posts)
Maraki Sun 07-Jun-15 21:21:32

Just that really. Last year (south Med) I was the only one at the pool sporting one. I am very tall, so I tie mine at hipster length and it looks like a maxi skirt. Is everyone wearing kaftans now to the beach bar?

burnishedsilver Sun 07-Jun-15 21:24:39

I think they're coming back. I like them but I have not been able to find any on the high street for years. I'm seeing them back in the shops this Summer.

CeeceeBloomingdale Mon 08-Jun-15 07:31:03

I always take some and have bought new ones this year but tend not to wear them as clothes all day, just covering up quickly on the beach. I wear them over my shoulders at times too to keep the sun off but just when sitting or lying down. They also double as a scarf on the plane. I like them, not sure if they are considered fashionable any more

BerniceBroadside Mon 08-Jun-15 07:37:09

Primark had some yesterday. Make of that what you will!

Coastingit Mon 08-Jun-15 07:52:41

I don't think they are fashionable any more, sorry. I use one for marking my place on the sunlounger but that's it. I pull shorts over my bikini for beach bar etc. I have kaftans but don't really like wearing them - I need a cotton one, mine are cheapo polyester and that's the last thing you want to put on over sweaty suncreamy hot skin!

kelda Mon 08-Jun-15 07:57:49

No they are not in fashion but they still look far more stylish then kaftans.

Maraki Mon 08-Jun-15 08:30:38

Kaftans it is then! Thx for your responses xx

Coastingit Mon 08-Jun-15 13:05:32

I think a cotton simple dress you can pull on over your bikini is probably the key. Either a jersey or woven cotton one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now