Upper arm skin - body lotions to help improve appearance?

(10 Posts)
LittleMysMoominMamma Sun 07-Jun-15 12:21:19

Hello,

At 49, my upper arms are in pretty good shape, however my skin looks a bit cellulitey (old!).

I'm going to start dry body brushing, but wondered whether anyone had a recommendation for a good body lotion targeted at this area/skin issue?

From a quick Google, I notice that Rodial and Nip+Fab have such products... I'm not looking for miracles, just something to help a bit thanks

blodynmawr Sun 07-Jun-15 15:28:20

I have found regularly taking fish oil helps.
HTH smile

LittleMysMoominMamma Sun 07-Jun-15 15:36:00

Ah, that's a shame - I'm vegetarian!

Thanks for responding though thanks

Bluestocking Sun 07-Jun-15 15:38:17

Dry brushing makes my upper arms look 100% better, as does any lotion/moisturiser - I'm using up odds and ends at the moment!

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Sun 07-Jun-15 15:38:47

Are they red and bumpy? If so, use a cream with urea in it eg Flexitol foot stuff or - if you can find it - Gold Bond rough & bumpy skin cream

LittleMysMoominMamma Sun 07-Jun-15 16:09:15

Thanks both, Bluestocking that's just what I wanted to hear!

Not red and bumpy, just looks like mild cellulite for want of a better description.

Greengardenpixie Sun 07-Jun-15 18:07:32

Im body brushing and using Nivea Q10 Firming Anti Cellulite Gel cream. It does make your skin feel firm, to early to tell for impact. My cellulite is definitely a bit less but is that the gel or body brushing? Not sure.

CaTsMaMmA Sun 07-Jun-15 18:13:05

I find that a bristley brush scrub with the shower gel and then pat down with a towel....slather on whatever moisturiser I have before being properly dry is the best thing to deal with crepey upperarms, and shiny shins and cellulitey thighs for me.

I am very fickle with moisturisers...just buy whatever takes my fancy at the time, so am not sure the actual product makes a difference....it's the exfoliating and slathering.

Bluestocking Sun 07-Jun-15 19:09:28

I don't have cellulite on my arms but I do have a tendency to keratosis pilaris. Dry brushing really helps with that, as do sunshine and, unexpectedly, eating less gluten. I am always amazed by how much "dust" I brush off myself - but then most household dust is apparently skin flakes!

LittleMysMoominMamma Sun 07-Jun-15 19:14:05

Thanks all for your replies, it seems like body brushing is the way to go grin

Think I'm just going to get a moisturiser that appeals and use it religiously after the body brush every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now