Talk

Advanced search

Estee Lauder Doublewear

(18 Posts)
sonata1 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:24:43

Today I have tried my sample of EL Doublewear in "Dawn" .I used my L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer and I didn't use powder ontop. I just buffed it up a bit with a big brush. So far so good. I just need to see how it develops over he rest of the day. I also have the next shade darker so will try that tomorrow. With the rest of my make up on it looks quite dewy.

Dfg15 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:29:39

I've used it for years and I love it . Recently started to use a brush rather than my fingers and can't believe the difference. I use less but it looks so much better. It does last all day and I think looks as good at the end of the day as when fresh on.

GingerLDN Sun 07-Jun-15 12:54:07

Love doublewear. Sometimes I get fed up and try something else for a change it always come back to it

QforCucumber Sun 07-Jun-15 12:59:41

I only recently discovered double wear - and love it.
Also - depending where in the country you are some designer outlets sell it at only £20, I bought 4 ha.

sonata1 Sun 07-Jun-15 14:20:08

Update...so still looks good although I notice that it has settled into a few lines on my cheeks where at the beginning it was quite dewy. What do you do if you want to touch up your make up, say in the evening ? Do you put powder on top? The painted lady told me not to put it under my eyes so I just used concealer but feel like my dark circles are a bit more visible. Normally I use concealer with powder on top.

QforCucumber Sun 07-Jun-15 14:52:19

I was advised that it is quite drying so make sure I moisturise and use a primer 10 mind before applying the foundation and it works a treat. Didn't know about not putting under my eyes - have been just full cover as with all foundations but do apply using a flat foundation Brush.
Been using no.7 pressed powder and for me it's a flawless finish.

honeycrest Sun 07-Jun-15 15:46:40

I love it too. Nothing I've tried has such good coverage and durability. I use a primer underneath and that stops it settling into fine lines. Applying it with the real techniques stippling brush gives a more natural look too

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 07-Jun-15 16:19:15

If you find its settling try a sample of the double wear light. Still fab coverage but I just find it doesn't crinkle as much!! I wear double wear on nights/day out when I want a heavier foundation and double wear light day to day.

Misssss Sun 07-Jun-15 16:39:46

It's amazing, I thought I'd found my holy grail in the ysl but DW blows it out of the water.

Misssss Sun 07-Jun-15 16:40:21

Also yes to the brush, slightly damp is goes on much easier.

sonata1 Sun 07-Jun-15 17:21:30

OK so moisturiser, primer and apply with a brush. Now, I am not very good with brushes. Do you have to blend with fingers AFTER using the brush ? My foundation still looks good and I put it on early this morning so I would say I like this stuff. I did put a bit of powder on my nose earlier but could have gone without. I am also going to try the Light version for comparison.

QforCucumber Sun 07-Jun-15 17:47:08

I just use the brush to blend, put some on the back of my hand, dab the brush and apply to face - using a brush helps it blend and spread easier imo.
If you don't want to waste the foundation you've paid for playing about and practicing the estee lauder website has a voucher for free 10 day sample at the min, maybe worth getting on and spending some time having a play about with it to see your best finish.

QforCucumber Sun 07-Jun-15 17:47:37

(Just read it is a sample you're using - ignore me ha)

louwn Sun 07-Jun-15 18:57:18

Don't re do powder too much as it can look over the top with doublewear. Oil control sheets (from ebay - I like the kleenex ones- or sometimes in pound shops!) work well for me : )

sonata1 Sun 07-Jun-15 19:15:03

It was a sample in a small pot that I got from Boots. Most probably enough for 2 applications. I have been on Youtube and looked at the Pixiwoo Real techniques videos and different brushes and I think I might try the Expert Face Brush. However, I hate wasting product so I hope the brush doesn't suck it all up.

sonata1 Sun 07-Jun-15 19:18:15

Is DW suitable for wedding photography ? i.e me as Mother of the Bride. I don't want to look like the Ghost at the Feast !

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 07-Jun-15 21:25:38

sonata1 I preferred DW light when b img photographed. I used the light option on my sisters wedding day and my own for me, my mum and sister and on both occasions it photographed well. I like matte finish so I set it with a powder and it lasts all day and night x

sonata1 Sun 07-Jun-15 22:34:53

Thanks CMcC. I am going to try the light version as well and see if it covers my uneven skin tone. Thank you everyone for all your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now