Can anyone help brighten this up please?

(7 Posts)
Dumpylump Sat 06-Jun-15 23:08:39

this is the jumpsuit I've bought to wear at my 50th birthday party in a couple of weeks. I really like it, but it just looks awfully black !
I feel as though I need to brighten it up somehow. I have a pair of black courts almost identical to the ones in the pic already, but maybe it'd be better with some strappy sandals?

alisaima Sat 06-Jun-15 23:40:06

why not add some statement jewellery like a chunky necklace?

www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/469048

strandofsilk.com/sannam-chopra/product/accessories/necklaces/chunky-red-ribboned-necklace

www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Erickson-Beamon/Stratosphere-gold-plated-Swarovski-crystal-and-glass-pearl-necklace/477318

alisaima Sat 06-Jun-15 23:42:12

why not add some statement jewellery like a chunky necklace?

Expensive

affordable

sale

Dumpylump Sun 07-Jun-15 00:13:39

I've already got a couple of necklaces that might work, but I'm not convinced. I also have a silvery clutch bag, but obviously I won't have a hold of it all the time.
I love how the jumpsuit fits, and I think if it was a Christmas do it'd be perfect, but usually at this time of year I'm wearing brighter colours - mind you, usually at this time of year it's not such horrible weather!

ZaZathecat Sun 07-Jun-15 09:15:19

A bright belt maybe?

RudyMentary Sun 07-Jun-15 09:32:38

I think strappy sandals and bright varnish on toes and finger nails

A wide cuff and dangly earrings?
A decorative tie belt would work - the ties hanging down iykwim.
Have you considered a brooch type thing?

Dumpylump Sun 07-Jun-15 10:55:43

I've been wasting time online researching, and I think these with a gold chunky necklace and red or coral finger and toenails is how I'm going to do it. I'm going to try and find a bag that either is gold too, or clashes completely.
I wouldn't normally go to so much effort, but it's my birthday and a big joint party with ds1 who's turning 18, so I really want to look great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now