Talk

Advanced search

Dark Brown Tall Boots

(12 Posts)
AmelieinOz Sat 06-Jun-15 22:47:21

Do I need a pair of tall dark brown boots? I keep hearing they're classic.

I already have black. I'm a jewel Winter, in terms of colouring, so most of my clothes are black/white, some jewel tones but mostly black/white.

Asking because the EOFY sales are on and there are really good deals on leather boots. But if they don't go with my skintone/wardrobe, and I don't wear them, they're really not good deals right?

southeastastra Sat 06-Jun-15 22:49:23

i bought some lovely dark navy boots from dune, much nicer than boring brown and i feel like wonder woman in them

RudyMentary Sun 07-Jun-15 09:06:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmelieinOz Mon 08-Jun-15 01:33:17

RudyMentary - you're right. It won't go with any of my clothes/bags. Thank you!

southeastastra - Dark navy ones sound awesome, indeed.

Potterwolfie Mon 08-Jun-15 01:41:15

I have a pair of long brown leather boots from Frye. Bought in Nordstrom Rack in USA so hugely discounted. If I never buy another pair of shoes or boots again, I will be happy. They are beyond delicious, and go with everything from jeans or casual dresses and skirts. I actually adore them. smile

AmelieinOz Mon 08-Jun-15 01:44:48

Potterwolfie - I want Frye boots! But we don't have them here, and I'm apprehensive about buying online because my calves might not fit.

Potterwolfie Mon 08-Jun-15 04:25:23

amelie I'm the same, my calves are, shall we say, more rugby player than skinny! I'll measure them tomorrow and let you know. I would recommend the brand in a heartbeat. I can actually wear them with skinny jeans inside, and for me, that's a first!

Potterwolfie Mon 08-Jun-15 04:26:08

Measure the boots, not my calves!!

AmelieinOz Mon 08-Jun-15 06:48:38

Potterwolfie - thank you! I look forward to the measurement, as my calves are more rugby player as well!

Potterwolfie Mon 08-Jun-15 23:46:20

Hi, the boots measure 17" around the top and they come to just below the knee on me, as I'm tall. Mine are the Veronica tall boot, I think they must be the wide version though I can't see it stamped anywhere on the boot. I love 'em!

Potterwolfie Mon 08-Jun-15 23:47:32

More like 16.3" actually, just re-measured.

AmelieinOz Mon 08-Jun-15 23:53:33

Potterwolfie - I think that will fit! Thanks! Now to hunt for Frye sales....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now