Talk

Advanced search

Excellent - Philips lumea compact

(9 Posts)
pinktortoise Sat 06-Jun-15 17:39:13

Just thought I'd give abit of feedback on this as I know there is alot of interest in them .
I was sceptical but decided to go for it when boots were doing triple points . I have PCOS so hair has always been a problem for meconfused. I was spending far too much time with my magnifying mirror and tweezers or epistick everyday. Nasty dark spiky hairs on chin and neck .
Anyway I have been using my lumea once a week ( recommendation is fortnightly but I know mine grow quick ) . Now on 6th session . Results have been very encouraging - face hair much depleted . Have also done arms, u arms , bikini line , legs and other random bits ! Hair is definately less in all areas - but it was the face that bothered me most . So I think it was £200 very well spent .
I have dark hair and medium skin tone . I use level5 ( highest) and it's not painful at all . Have suffered no ill effects in the sunshine ( although it's recommended to avoid) .
So just carrying on to get rid of all hair then it remains to be seen how long I can leave it in between for maintenance .
Hope this helps anyone thinking about purchasing grin.

pinktortoise Mon 08-Jun-15 09:09:41

Clearly not as popular as I thought ! grin

ROARmeow Mon 08-Jun-15 09:39:38

I love mine as well! Got it for £135 in Boots online sale and really like it.

alteredimages Mon 08-Jun-15 09:42:33

I am very jealous. I would love to use one of these but I have very blonde body hair. sad

There's no hope that they will ever be able to develop one for blond peely wally types, right?

OliveCane Mon 08-Jun-15 09:50:38

Thanks so much for writing the review!

I'm planning to buy one too and can't decide between getting the normal one or the compact one?

fiercebadrabbit Mon 08-Jun-15 10:00:08

I bought one yesterday with gift vouchers and had my first session last night, under arms and bikini line. Not legs as was sunbathing last week.

It felt very hot but it didn't hurt.

What I don't quite understand is how slowly you're meant to do it. I had it on rapid-flash or whatever it's called and slowly moved it along each area waiting until it flashed at each point but was really unsure of technique and videos on youtube just had ladies gabbing about how it had worked for them, rather than showing it actually in use. So any tips appreciated.

pinktortoise Mon 08-Jun-15 16:27:42

I chose the compact one as it was cheaper and I think a lot less unwieldy to use than the others ( that look like a gun!) . It is very light and you leave it plugged in whilst using so no running out of charge halfway through.
As for the question about speed - I think you are doing it right ! As long as it's flashed then move on to next bit - I try and leave an overlap as the window is quite small ..
It is difficult to judge sometimes especially with large areas like legs .

chanie44 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:47:35

Thanks for the feedback, OP.

I have pcos and have laser done at the salon and have been considering a home laser.

pinktortoise Mon 08-Jun-15 21:12:10

Yes I did salon treatment a couple of years ago . Reduced hair a lot on bikini line , under arm - which has pretty much stayed away . Face though successful at first came back because of PCOS .. So I thought at least at home can zap as and when and cheaper !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now