Talk

Advanced search

Esprit website - Wrong order

(10 Posts)
Carrie5608 Sat 06-Jun-15 14:01:33

I placed an order on the Esprit website last week. The item arrived today in the wrong colour. I definitely ordered the right one, I have checked the confirmation email.

However none of the contact details on either the website or invoice work. Emails are bounced back.

I have never used this website before, is this the usual level of customer service? The item cost £75 and I really want it but in the correct colour!! I will be able to return this one but how do I get the right one? Arghhh!!

Greengardenpixie Sat 06-Jun-15 14:22:20

Must be the day for it! Not from Esprit but from the House of fraser i ordered a whistles dress in navy in the sale. It came today and its denim????? Im going to keep it cause i love it but it is not what i was expecting.

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Whistles+Poppy+Zip+Front+Dress/D548117,default,pd.html

this is what i got...

www.next.co.uk/g1d10s7#962947g6h

Its nice and i am pleased as it was reduced but i wanted it for work and im not sure i can get away with it.

Sorry to be of no help whatsover but just wanted to share!!

Carrie5608 Sat 06-Jun-15 14:30:50

Greengarden it's so good you got something you liked. I really like this jacket I ordered and will keep the black if I cant get the Navy. I don't want to link in case the navy sells out grin

LIZS Sat 06-Jun-15 14:40:03

Never had a problem with them tbh

Greengardenpixie Sat 06-Jun-15 14:42:16

Carrie, definitly dont link if you like it. Chances are, it will sell out!!!

SoupDragon Sat 06-Jun-15 14:46:09

I've never had a problem with them either and I've ordered loads.

The easiest way might be to order it again and return the incorrect one.

SoupDragon Sat 06-Jun-15 14:48:25

Does the cardboard label say that it's black? ie is it definitely black and not very dark navy

Carrie5608 Sat 06-Jun-15 15:42:37

Soupdragon I think you might be right although the cardboard label doesn't give a colour in bright light it does look a little bit Navy. It's still the blackest Navy I have ever seen if that makes sense.

Now I don't know what to do. Keep or return?

Greengardenpixie Sat 06-Jun-15 15:56:03

Does it give you the choice of navy and black on the website? If so, it sounds like you have been given the black. To check if something is black or navy, put it up against something that is navy and you should be able to see [in natural daylight]

SoupDragon Sat 06-Jun-15 16:19:07

Having looked at the website, I think I know which jacket it is and there is very little difference between black and navy on screen. At least there is very little difference for the £75 black or navy jacket I looked at!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now