How can I protect from split ends?

(6 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Sat 06-Jun-15 10:43:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheAwfulDaughter Sat 06-Jun-15 18:51:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Greengardenpixie Sat 06-Jun-15 18:55:39

naturally dry it.
get it cut regularly.
use a good treatment each week.
thats all i know smile

ZaraW Sat 06-Jun-15 19:19:55

Air drying is the only way you won't get split ends. I've started using amla powder as a treatment just mix it with hot water and coconut oil and leave on for a couple of hours it leaves hair strong. Have been told if you also mix it with neem powder you get even better results.

specialsubject Sat 06-Jun-15 20:08:56

correct, there is no connection between amount of cuts and growth rate. Obvious science.

hair is dead and old ends tend to split. No cure except cutting them off. You cannot strengthen hair, you can only minimise damage.

the length your hair will grow depends on the cycle time of your follicles, which is personal to you.

Rosesarelovely Sun 07-Jun-15 13:00:53

I never ever cut my hair and I don't get split end. I don't use liquid shampoo or conditioner either. Switch conditioner for a hair oil like chi silk infusion or argan oil. Tie your hair up in a braid or bun when you go to bed , avoid heat styling and hair elastics or clips with metal on them.

I disagree with not being able to strengthen hair. Maybe not with bog standard products from the high street or supermarkets. My hair was dreadfully weak after being bleached to white a few years ago, using certain products did minimalize further damage and repair my hair. If that isn't strengthening then what is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now