Talk

Advanced search

I need long t shirts. Uniqlo?

(11 Posts)
123Jump Sat 06-Jun-15 07:59:01

I am 5' 8" and fed up of short tops!
I have seen Uniqlo praised on here for being good quality. Does any one know if the tops are long though? I mean properly long.
TIA.

ThreeBecameFour Sat 06-Jun-15 08:02:31

Next T shirts always seem to come up long..

southeastastra Sat 06-Jun-15 08:05:47

i have an american apparel one today and it's long, had it ages too here

goodasitgets Sat 06-Jun-15 08:43:28

They're all so short at the minute sad (5ft 10 here)
Have resorted to long tall sally

GobblersKnob Sat 06-Jun-15 08:50:44

I got some vests and tees in the recent UT sale at Uniqlo, they are all very long, almost arse covering and I am 5'10".

Lots of long vests from ASOS and Primark always have some stuff that is really long.

Jane190 Sat 06-Jun-15 08:59:11

Sweaty Betty do a vest called Mantra which is nice and long, hip length, and I'm the same height as you.

stringbean Sat 06-Jun-15 09:17:08

I'm the same height as you OP, and I've found Uniqlo tops to be too short. I have found long ones this year at White Company, but colours are limited (I've got navy and white), and found some good ones in Banana Republic in the past (not looked this year though, as I don't have one near me). Bought a couple in Next last year which were long enough, but didn't keep their shape - tended to go baggy too quickly.

Fat Face do long t-shirts, though you need to try them on as I found that this year's stripy ones here looked a bit frumpy on (but maybe that's just me!). Gap used to be long enough, but the quality of their cotton has become so poor in the past few years, that I don't bother going there any more. I bought some fabulous long vests in Mint Velvet about five years ago, lovely and long, thick cotton, keep their shape beautifully - but now their stuff is all floaty and see-through....

I agree it's a problem. I just want a few tops which don't display my midriff if I lift my arms above my head, How hard can it be?

stringbean Sat 06-Jun-15 09:21:38

Link didn't work - it was the Crew Stripe tshirt.....

SilverGiraffe7 Sat 06-Jun-15 09:36:24

I bought some tunic tops from Asda yesterday that were really long:
http://m.direct.asda.com/george/womens/tops/y-neck-tunic/G005103073,default,pd.html

Jane190 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:19:38

Hush also do longer vest tops

123Jump Sat 06-Jun-15 10:42:43

Thank you for all the examples.
I don't think stripes look good on me.
I have ordered the long line vests from Boden, it is t shirts I'm after atm.
I'll have a look at the UT ones.
Thank you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now