Talk

Advanced search

Anyone use avene extremely gentle cleanser and skin recovery cream?

(16 Posts)
Indecisivejo Fri 05-Jun-15 21:55:09

Title says it all really smile oh and what about the water spray?

The cleanser is brilliant. The water spray is nice but a rip off. I don't like the moisturiser.

Emilyclimbs Sat 06-Jun-15 01:02:03

I use the cleanser - absolutely excellent. Can't comment on moisturiser I'm afraid.

Kahu Sat 06-Jun-15 04:50:36

I use the moisturizer. Love it! I have rosacea and my skin is very sensitive. The skin recovery cream cause me no problems at all and my skin looks much better hydrated when I use it. I was worried it would be very rich but it feels good on.

Haven't tried the cleanser, I use the LRP sensitive one for washing my face and the Avene redness relief milk for taking off makeup which I really like. Again, not greasy feeling and it smells lovely (and I usually loathe scented products), a bit herbal / lavendery.

Kahu Sat 06-Jun-15 04:52:35

Oh and I'm with Remus on the spray being a rip off (nice on a hot day though)

Indecisivejo Sat 06-Jun-15 05:59:10

So those of u who love cleanser what moist do u use? I cannot use anything with perfume at all. Also have U tried the new formula of the cleanser? Is it still good?

If u go on avene website u can do a skin test and they send you samples i had the cleanser and green tinted moisturiser sent to me. Avene sorted out my dry red skin out really well.

I have the spray toner but hardly use it i prefer my clarins white nettle toner much more.

I use this moisturiser at the moment. For the price, it's really quite good, and my skin likes it better than the Avene.

Indecisivejo Sat 06-Jun-15 15:51:21

That Nivea cream sounds good, only thing that puts me off is they bloody discontinue products all the time! I used to use a sensitive Nivea one years ago without fragrance etc then they discontinued it and had nothing to replace it until this one now, it just makes me anxious.

It's dead cheap and often half price, so you could try it and then stock up if you like it!

mintleaves Sat 06-Jun-15 16:31:19

I use the cleanser, and the 'Redness Relief Moisturising Protecting Emulsion' as a day moisturiser. I have sensitive skin/mild rosacea and I find they help. At night I use Kiehl's Ultra Face Moisturiser which is nice and light.

Indecisivejo Sat 06-Jun-15 16:43:54

Thank u for all your replies so far smile
I think the redness relief one has fragrance in it sad it really pisses me off when a brand is aimed at sensitive skin and they add fragrance claiming it's a hypoallergenic fragrance! What a load of bollox

mintleaves Sat 06-Jun-15 16:58:11

Oooh thanks Indecisive I didn't know that! I just saw 'hypoallergenic' on the bottle and assumed..

Indecisivejo Sat 06-Jun-15 18:28:56

I'm 90% sure it has mintleaves but I could be wrong hmm

mintleaves Sun 07-Jun-15 00:41:23

Thanks Indecisive (I really did mean thanks the first time in case you thought I was being sarcastic - I just meant I hadn't really looked at it properly and had just vaguely assumed it would be fragrance free.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now