Talk

Advanced search

Home threading success!!

(8 Posts)
stilllearnin Fri 05-Jun-15 21:13:26

Firstly I'm a bit nervous as this board is very not my natural home, but I am so over excited about my latest hobby that I want to share.

I am very hairy, no peachy fuzz, more bristly moustache and beard. I have my lip and chin threaded every 3 weeks by which time I really really need it - think proper salt n pepper moustache. For nearly a year I've been thinking I reckon I can do this as its only cotton and fingers but when I've tried I've not managed it all.

Anyway I ordered some threading thread online. It came today and I was up and threading in minutes. Lip and chin smooth (enough for me) and it was fully grown too!

Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps anyone who has been thinking about giving it a go! Trouble is I can see i will get a bit obsessed - keep nipping to the bathroom mirror to check my work.

Oh and if anyone experienced in this has any do's or don'ts I would really appreciate the tips.

Thanks for having me. As you were stylish and beautiful people smile

stilllearnin Fri 05-Jun-15 21:14:52

Oh meant to say not that I hadn't managed it at all trying with normal thread. Yes, that was my point!!!

efeslight Fri 05-Jun-15 21:17:07

Well done, it must help to have good strong twisty wrists too.
I like being threaded, but i am not sure i could inflict such pain on myself, but would happily try it on my dh's hairy back if he let me!

stilllearnin Fri 05-Jun-15 21:36:00

I'm a bit concerned my lack of technique will lead to in growing hair although I've not had that before. I like having it done too but it costs around £200 a year! I need to work out how to go with the direction of hair growth but I keep getting confused on that one.

EuphemiaCoxton Sat 06-Jun-15 08:44:56

I was looking at the threading machines on ebay in the shape of butterflies and stuff.
I wonder if they work

stilllearnin Sun 07-Jun-15 09:04:27

I have a Helix threadease on order so I will let you know - but honestly I did it with my bare hands as the thread I ordered came first. I have cut my thumb but I think I was just being a bit clumsy. Honestly give it a go. I used organica thread. I have enough to last years for less than the cost of one session. Need to grow another pair of hands to do my eyebrows though.

For me it actually hurt less than the salon because I am not interested in getting every last soft fuzzy hair out - just the overly luxuriant crops of giant whiskers (when I say I grow a moustache and beard, I really mean it!). I've tried with tweezers before but it was too much.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 07-Jun-15 09:58:59

I can do it with normal thread but my arms get tired after half an eyebrow,not a good lookhmmgrin

stilllearnin Sun 07-Jun-15 12:06:41

Nope Dame, way too scared to do my eyebrows! or even half an eyebrow grin Plus they only need doing every 6 weeks to be ok so not so expensive. I keep checking my snoothness with my fingers - it is such a revelation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now