Talk

Advanced search

NOVOpeel help, please!

(8 Posts)
AngryBeaver Fri 05-Jun-15 09:20:54

Ok, I ordered a chemical peel after reading the quiche thread.
It's ahas 70%. So I know I should dilute it 5ml peel and 5ml pure water. But I was confused as to how long I should leave it on for and how often I should use it.
The information sheet also mentions layering, but doesn't give much detail.
It's Friday night here so I was all poised to do it tonight so I have the weekend to "peel"!

Rickalicious Fri 05-Jun-15 10:56:22

By doing 50/50 with water you would take it to 35% which isn't a bad starting place. It may be a bit strong if you haven't used acids before but it won't be too bad.

The Novopeel instructions only describe layering so I went with the instructions other users used for Bravara. Cleanse your face then wait 30 minutes for the skins PH level to get back to normal. On the first go put the peel on for 1 minute and then put on the neutraliser to stop the peel working (optional step - After this has been on for a minute, put some more neutraliser on) and wait a minute before washing off with cold water. Pat dry. If you didn't buy neutraliser you can use a mixture of bicarb and water. You do this once a week building up a minute each time, never going over 7 minutes I believe.

You do 6 weeks on then a 2 week break before going again, if you feel your skin needs it.

I'm not an expert so please research peels if you aren't happy with the instructions.

AngryBeaver Fri 05-Jun-15 11:23:37

Hi, it have had a few peels before, but only applied by am professional!
Thank goodness I posted as I thought it said leave on for 5-10 mins.

AngryBeaver Fri 05-Jun-15 11:26:20

Ok so let peel sit for 1 min (aprox) then apply bi carb, let sit for one min, apply more bicarbonate then wash off?

Rickalicious Fri 05-Jun-15 12:13:16

Yes that's what I do.

Your skin may be able to handle 5-10 minutes but it's best to build up to it I believe!

AngryBeaver Fri 05-Jun-15 21:25:57

Thanks Rik. And does your skin actually shed away? I can't remember this happening with previous peels

Rickalicious Mon 08-Jun-15 15:27:46

Sorry for taking so long to reply. No your skin shouldn't peel, just tingle.

Did you try it over the weekend?

AngryBeaver Fri 19-Jun-15 07:52:37

Hi Rik, no I didn't try it over the weekend. I got land with hosting a baby group party!
I'm going to try it right now ;) aaargh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now