Talk

Advanced search

Leather leather everywhere….. Surely gross if you can't wash it?

(6 Posts)
Merse Fri 05-Jun-15 06:54:45

Every magazine I look at seems to be trying to flog me leather. Leather trousers, capped sleeved t-shirt shapes, you name it. But clearly you can't put leather in the washing machine. Surely just REVOLTING to never wash something you wear next to your armpits like a top.Or, frankly, trousers especially when the weather gets warmer. Am I missing something???

Stealthpolarbear Fri 05-Jun-15 06:58:56

Hmm interesting question, never thought of it. I'm sure they are all sponge clean. Pretty unhygienic imo

TheHappinessTrap Fri 05-Jun-15 07:01:19

Can it be dry cleaned?

Nettletheelf Fri 05-Jun-15 09:06:41

It can be dry cleaned, at vast expense. That's why I never bought one of those quite nice leather sleeveless tops that were around last year.

I read a post on here from somebody who washed some M&S leather jeggings in the machine and said that they came up really well, but it's risky.

Merse Fri 05-Jun-15 09:20:09

I reckon a leather skirt might be ok at a push ideally to wear in winter with tights rather than against skin in summer, but the rest of it is surely just gross.

Sammasati Fri 05-Jun-15 10:03:27

I love my leather and suede skirts, but would never do anything leather that sits directly against my armpits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now