Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where do the 30 something men in your life shop?

(38 Posts)
ethelb Thu 04-Jun-15 21:39:05

DH never shops for clothes but on discovering a hole in his single pair of work trousers and a fairly juicy tax rebate this week he has decided he needs some new work, and casual clothes.
He needs work trousers, some smarting v neck jumpers, shirts and casual shirts. Oh and some new jeans. Any ideas
He is 6'1 and fairly long limbed, broad of shoulder Gap and M&s. Top shop is a bit 'young' confusedconfused

ethelb Thu 04-Jun-15 21:39:58

That should say any ideas other than gap, m&S etc

AlwaysOneMissing Thu 04-Jun-15 21:41:31

Ralph Lauren good for broad shoulders.

Artandco Thu 04-Jun-15 21:47:27

Dh is 29. He likes massimo dutti for casual chinos and tops. Hugo boss for some shirts and jumpers. Ralph Lauren or Levi jeans. Charles tyrwitt or hawes and Curtis for work shirts.

He still wears some tshirts from his teens though from God knows where

morethanpotatoprints Thu 04-Jun-15 21:48:53

I don't have 30 men in my life, chance would be a fine thing grin
Sorry.....

RedDwarfPosse Thu 04-Jun-15 21:54:57

He doesn't shop anywhere that's why he looks like frickin tramp!!

He hates shopping and has no eye for style so just avoids it. But if I go with him and try to advise him he complains I'm trying to dress him MY way! It's ridiculous so I've given up... I'm just glad his friends & family have now started to point out he could do with sprucing up his pathetic wardrobe! grin

ethelb Thu 04-Jun-15 21:56:04

Should there be a hyphen in there?!

Thanks for the recommendations. Just suggested DH looked at ASOS for tshirt a and he asked if they were the horrible people who made disabled people workwink we have a long way to go.

NanoNinja Thu 04-Jun-15 21:58:41

Sounds similar to my DH in terms of build. He spends much more than I do on clothes, and generally goes to Sunspel and Howies for casual. Emmett for shirts. Paul Smith for business causal.

Liberated71 Thu 04-Jun-15 22:01:15

TKMax - great choice, some designer stuff, different things and cheap too. My 30something loves it (and Sports Direct sometimes too - shhhhh)

Hottypotty Thu 04-Jun-15 22:04:28

Dh is 35. He lives in Charles tyritt shirts and next or gap jeans.

Skinheadmermaid Thu 04-Jun-15 22:32:00

DH is 31 and mainly shops in TK Maxx, H&M, River Island and Primark. We both find places like M&S too old fashioned. He mostly wears straight leg jeans, shirts and boots.

Rox19 Thu 04-Jun-15 23:41:12

River Island, primark, new look
Peacocks sometimes has exact replicas of branded clothes
New look often replicates ted baker very closely

Butterflywings168 Thu 04-Jun-15 23:56:28

Ex-p liked clothes shopping more than I do.
Yes, he would agree the likes of Topshop, River Island etc are 'too young'. M&S he quite liked for classic basics. H&M, Zara men, Debenhams (some designers, some Red Herring). Charity shops in up-and-coming areas (not that he admitted it).

Butterflywings168 Thu 04-Jun-15 23:59:22

Oh yy forgot Tkmaxx.
And New Look on occasion.

PurpleDaisies Fri 05-Jun-15 00:01:32

For suits and work shirts it's hard to beat Jaeger at a designer outlet village. Fantastic quality and really good prices (still not ultra cheap but really good quality and last for years).

FirstOfficerDouglasRichardson Fri 05-Jun-15 07:43:20

DH shops in Gap mainly, sometimes M&S. Except for work shirts where he favours TM Lewin. He sometimes finds bargains in TK Maxx.

PurplePoppySeed Fri 05-Jun-15 07:46:33

My DH shops at Fat face, white stuff, musto and crew for casuals... Work I think is normally French connection and/or t m lewin. Possibly not the "look" he wants though?

BikeRunSki Fri 05-Jun-15 07:47:40

ha! I was going to say that DH mostly buys his work clothes from Gap and m&s.

For casual stuff, he likes Howies

yallahabibi Fri 05-Jun-15 08:05:44

It is so much easier for a man to look smart.
Mine is not a trendy type
Charles Tywhirtt for suits, shirts and shoes.
Armani for jeans ,chino jeans and casual but dressy shirts . Massimo dutti casual shoes and birkies.
Gap for polos and shorts . He buys smart casual blazers from a random Aussie shop he encountered on holiday .
He has a tie thing and will spend loads on silk ones .

chanie44 Fri 05-Jun-15 08:24:32

My OH is early 40s and wears jeans and t shirts. He hates shopping. He does quite like the brands in house of Fraser for his clothes - ted baker, Hugo boss, superdry, Ralph Lauren etc.

JaniceJoplin Fri 05-Jun-15 08:32:26

My DH (42) bought a new tshirt the other day from top shop and yesterday he was in a supermarket standing next to an 8 year old boy wearing the same one shock

Coastingit Fri 05-Jun-15 08:47:13

My DH is tall and slim and mostly shops in Zara.

He also likes TK Maxx for work shirts and random finds, he's worse than me and can spend hours in that shop confused and usually Levi's or Nudie for jeans. Office for shoes.

He doesn't shop much but is better at it than me, he would never venture into Primark or Tesco but still seems to spend a lot less than me and look better envy he is fit though [smug]

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Fri 05-Jun-15 08:54:01

Fat Face, White Stuff, Primark,

perfectlybroken Fri 05-Jun-15 08:55:08

Bhs do a great range if mens chinos, which dh lives in, other than that normally primark (I think their mens clothes are loads better than the womens). We get more expensive stuff from eBay such as a cotton John Rocha blazer.

AmberNectarine Fri 05-Jun-15 09:32:47

My DH is 35 and follows a fairly simple formula.

Suits, shirts, ties - he has a tailor who makes them all for him
Work shoes - Loake
Jeans - Diesel
T-shirts and polo shirts - Ralph Lauren, Gap, American Vintage, Uniqlo
Casual shirts - Gap
Knitwear - Ralph Lauren, Gap, Uniqlo
Trainers - Nike, Adidas, New Balance
Casual shoes - Grenson, H by Hudson

He sticks to a palette of navy, grey, mid-blue, burgundy and white. Everything goes together and he looks pretty good, IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now