Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternatives to the neither stylish nor beautiful Esme bra?

(15 Posts)
ludovica Thu 04-Jun-15 20:23:57

I have been wearing the fantastically ugly Fantasie Esme bras for a few years now and I find them very good for comfort and fit but they have been discontinued. I need a seam free alternative with the centre back straps as I find them so much better than the normal straps. Does such a thing exist or has it been discontinued because people just don't want this sort of thing? Please help - I am down to my last bra of this style and I need to prepare for the day it dies on me.

Dowser Thu 04-Jun-15 20:44:17

Is this it

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/fe-fl2471/fantasie-esme-underwired-moulded-bra/

Dowser Thu 04-Jun-15 20:45:12

It looks quite nice I nude I thought.

ludovica Thu 04-Jun-15 21:09:34

Yes, that's it. It looks better in the photos than it does on me!

Follyfoot Thu 04-Jun-15 21:14:03

Not quite what you are after, but the back isnt too different: I wear these and they are sooo comfortable.

ludovica Thu 04-Jun-15 21:18:08

Thanks, that looks nice, but I forgot to mention I need a 34G sad

Follyfoot Thu 04-Jun-15 21:39:21

This comes in that size and has the same back?

marriednotdead Thu 04-Jun-15 23:40:43

The nearest equivalent that Fantasie produced that I've seen is the Echo Lace, but I am not sure if it is a style that they intend to keep long term. It's a pity because the shape worked well for quite a few people, but obviously not enough to continue it.

The next closest shape is their Rebecca, but I have found it to be a little more generous in the cup so a 34FF may be enough for you.

ludovica Fri 05-Jun-15 09:48:36

Thank you. Will take a look at the Rebecca. The Echo Lace seems to be discontinued as well, sadly. It doesn't have to be Fantasie, I really just need something I can wear under t-shirts and where the straps don't fall off.

HazleNutt Fri 05-Jun-15 10:04:49

Yes wanted to recommend Rebecca as well

GhettoFabulous Fri 05-Jun-15 19:12:00

If regular bra straps are falling down, you may be a smaller back size.

ludovica Fri 05-Jun-15 20:55:17

Unfortunately, I literally cannot get into a smaller back size. I am already wearing much smaller than I am measuring, and I can only do them up on the loosest hook, even after many months of wear. I have been advised to try a smaller back size before but I think my problem is narrow/sloping shoulders. I don't seem to have much luck with bras. I spend an absolute fortune on them and I still don't have one that is anything less than hideous to look at and I walk along tugging at the straps as they fall off.

ludovica Fri 05-Jun-15 20:59:55

Right now I am in a foxy Freya underwired sports bra and I have the straps on the shortest settings and they don't fall down, even during tennis, but I think that is due to the style of the bra as it is very full coverage. It tends to be the balconette style that fall down.

PattiODoors Fri 05-Jun-15 21:15:44

You might do well with a charnos everyday superfit. The cups/straps are not so wideset iyswim. 34f here link

PattiODoors Fri 05-Jun-15 21:18:41

Oh ps my bra lady (local indie) told me recently that the main designer from Panache has gorn to Charnos hence the uptick in more stylish and less sensible-brogues-type stuff coming through from Charnos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now