Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend some "sexy" undies which are cotton rather than synthetic...?

(10 Posts)
Flingmoo Thu 04-Jun-15 18:13:36

I'm after some nice knickers...

1 yr post baby, finally stopped breastfeeding, feeling a bit un-sexy in my frumpy old maternity pants... I'm in need of some beautiful undies, which are sexy but comfy. I normally go for hipster briefs. The one requirement is that they have to be cotton not synthetic as I hate the feel of synthetic and they're less hygienic too.

(Synthetic lacy trimming is fine though)

twointhemorning Thu 04-Jun-15 19:57:05

You could try Hanro. Some of the range is made from Swiss mercerised cotton. Can't link as am on phone but they have a UK website. Pricey but excellent quality. Not sure if they are sexy exactly, but are comfy & luxurious. The lace isn't itchy or scratchy.

Flingmoo Thu 04-Jun-15 23:05:20

Trust me, anything is sexier than primark maternity briefs!

I think "sexy" might not truly describe what I'm after... I'm not after crotchless panties or a leapord print thong... Just something a bit more grown up and pretty than my usual childish cartoon character pants...!

burnishedsilver Thu 04-Jun-15 23:10:59

M&S is the place to go.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Thu 04-Jun-15 23:11:39

TK Maxx has good undies eg Calvin Klein in cotton

Flyinggeese21 Thu 04-Jun-15 23:15:30

Place marking if you don't mind Mamushka. Finding this difficult myself, lots of polyester or, scratchy 'mesh' around.

Flyinggeese21 Thu 04-Jun-15 23:19:24

Actually have been considering Bonds. These the type of thing you're after perhaps?

www.johnlewis.com/bonds-cotton-lacies-hi-leg-briefs-multi/p1938198

MadameJulienBaptiste Thu 04-Jun-15 23:23:56

I wear asda pants.... High leg cotton with a wide lace trim round the top. They also do a lower style also with the wide lace at the top.
super comfy, cotton, lots of colours, cheap and the nicest looking cotton pants I've ever tried.
I also hate synthetic pants and can't understand how anyone would ever wear them.

winterwalks Thu 04-Jun-15 23:30:01

Luva Huva make beautiful underwear - organic cotton or bamboo, lace
It is hand made in England.
The bras are around £30 to 50 - knickers are less.
The bra and pants set was so comfortable

Saurus72 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:06:58

Not cotton but silk, Rosie for Autograph at M&S are fab. Be careful though, they have started to sneak in some polyester pieces amongst the lovely silk ones, so definitely check the label. Usually have good reductions in the sale, but they sell out v quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now