Bag thread! Possibly fantasy, possibly reality....

(9 Posts)
TheAssassinsGuild Thu 04-Jun-15 14:34:11

I may be inheriting a sum of money from a relative.

I would like to use part of it to treat myself to a new bag. I have no idea how much money we are talking, so have no idea as to budget. The sky is not quite the limit, but I would like it to be something that I could not ordinarily afford. And something that will stand the test of changing fashions.

Possibly evening (was thinking Alexander McQueen box clutch?). Possibly day (needs to have shoulder or cross body strap and zip closure). If I am extremely lucky, possibly both.

I don't like Mulberry and not overly wowed by Chanel.

It may all come to nothing, but there is no harm doing some window shopping in the meantime! Your ideas please, oh stylish ones!

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Thu 04-Jun-15 14:46:51

I'm sorry for your loss flowers

Get yourself onto net a porter, matches and selfridges with a wine and have a browse to see what you like (ok, maybe later, as it's a bit early). Then there are some brands that aren't typically found online (Celine, the classic Prada shapes).

Also it's the sales soon, so if you're savvy (and quick) you may well be able to afford both. Do your research now though!

TheAssassinsGuild Thu 04-Jun-15 14:49:14

Thank you smile.

Am drooling on the Harrods site right now!

Was definitely going to wait until the sales, and if I miss the summer round, I'll wait until winter.

EuphemiaCoxton Thu 04-Jun-15 17:12:29

Launer.
If I win the lottery it will be mine oh yes, it will be mine.

stumblingalong Thu 04-Jun-15 17:28:15

In my fantasy world I'd have a Birkin.

TheAssassinsGuild Thu 04-Jun-15 19:12:07

I think Birkin has to stay in the realm of fantasy!

stumblingalong Thu 04-Jun-15 19:49:18

There are some gorgeous ones here
www.anyahindmarch.com/Day-Bags/

TheAssassinsGuild Thu 04-Jun-15 23:03:45

Popped into Harrods after a meeting and quite liked this:

www.harrods.com/product/small-studded-padlock-zip-around-bag/alexander-mcqueen/000000000004727884?cat1=bc-alexander-mcqueen&cat2=bc-alexander-mcqueen-accessories

And also this:

www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#ItemSrv.ashx|SeasonId=62I&CollectionId=AOQ&ItemId=8&SeasonMemoCode=actual&GenderMemoCode=women&CategoryId=&SubLineId=bags&utm_source=CommissionJunction&utm_medium=affiliation&PID=3021243&AID=10809740

It's a very small bag. You can't really tell from the photos.

Gem124 Fri 05-Jun-15 07:49:17

The D&G one is absolutely gorgeous!! Not keen on the McQueen one though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now