Talk

Advanced search

Long nightdress with sleeves that isn't frumpy?

(16 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Thu 04-Jun-15 09:19:03

I like nightdresses, and have previously worn shorter length tshirt style from ASDA and the like - cheap and cheerful. I wear PJ's if we have guests, but not a great fan.

However, we're moving nearer family so expecting to have guests more often. Long nightdresses are therefore a compromise. I get to be comfy, they don't have to accidentally catch sight of anything they shouldn't!

But supermarkets don't do long, and M&S do, but they look like something my granny would wear.

Any ideas?

Mrsjayy Thu 04-Jun-15 09:23:33

Try Bhs they do long nightshirts you might need to rummage through the granny nighties grinto find them

HarlotOTara Thu 04-Jun-15 09:23:43

I too like nightdresses with long sleeves. I have three from M&S La Maison de Senteurs range, thick cotton which for £20 fit the bill. One is grey and white stripes and two - from this year - are white with a small dots. I don't think they are frumpy. Grannies can be stylish, not that I am one grin

CarpeJugulum Thu 04-Jun-15 09:32:35

Hmm, only ones online I can see are floral style. Will google Maison de Senteurs.

Never thought of BHS...

Thanks.

Mrsjayy Thu 04-Jun-15 09:34:00

Oh i have a long sleeve 1 from sainsbury

KittiesInsane Thu 04-Jun-15 09:34:19

Assuming the model is the usual 10 feet tall, this from Debenhams is probably long enough for decency.

Googling 'nightshirt' rather than nightdress seems to produce ones with sleeves.

KittiesInsane Thu 04-Jun-15 09:38:51

Hmm, I always knew models were 10 feet tall. Check out M&S's idea of 'ankle length' on this one!

Mrsjayy Thu 04-Jun-15 09:40:16

Yeah its a long night shirt you are after night dresses are silky and flimsy or frilly and frumpy

CarpeJugulum Thu 04-Jun-15 10:34:27

Good to know. I'd happily wear a blokes shirt if it was long enough, but curling on the couch in a shortie doesn't work if you have people in the house other than your DH.

dirtyprettything Thu 04-Jun-15 11:36:01

Cyberjammies so lovely long nighties

AuntOlive Thu 04-Jun-15 12:16:23

here

Nothing available long length with sleeves at the moment but check back for autumn / winter stock as they do some nice stuff which might fit the bill, although is a tad pricey.

WLondonMum Thu 04-Jun-15 12:22:05

Are these too short?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-White-Stripe-Nightshirt-Nightie-S-M-L-Cotton-rrp-55-ex-high-street-company-/181276159848?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=480301873904&hash=item2a34e6af68

SarahManning Thu 04-Jun-15 12:34:06

have you considered buying a dressing gown to keep you covered up when guests are round? You could get a cosy one for winter and a lighter one for summer

CarpeJugulum Thu 04-Jun-15 14:18:18

Have a dressing gown, but first thing in the morning, it's not always to hand - especially if I've been up with DS and crashed beside him.

Tisgrand Fri 05-Jun-15 11:24:08

I use a couple of cheap maxi tshirt dresses I bought in previous summers which have gone a bit faded / a little misshapen, I find them perfect as you say when there are others in the house.

CarpeJugulum Fri 05-Jun-15 17:44:37

Oh, maxi Tshirt dress. That could work really well. Great idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now