Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Esalon - any one tried them?

(2 Posts)
StormyLovesOdd Thu 04-Jun-15 00:03:23

Just came across them, are the colours better/longer lasting than the ones you can buy in Boots?

Home colours always fade really quickly on me but I can't afford to get it done at the hairdressers.

arleta66 Thu 25-Jun-15 11:20:54

Hi , I have tried this, I have coloured my hair at home for many years, and had been using a non ammonia one that you can get from Health shops, but this was no longer covering grey. I had same problem of colour fading too. I have to say that I have used it twice now and the colour wasn't quite as I wanted it, but their customer service is very good and they issued me with a credit when colour came out too red/coppery. I have quite long thick hair and there was one bottle for ends and one for roots, there was loads left over. I also got it on an offer I think it was £7.99 plus postage. It takes about 2 weeks to come. I found it had a very strong smell of ammonia, but as i said I have been using an ammonia free one so I can't say how it would compare to standard home hair colours like Nice & easy etc. The instructions are personalised too so if you have root re growth or resistant greys instructions may vary. I would say it is a bit better than buying a home colour in a shop as it can be mixed to exact colour you want. Mine has come out a bit darker this time and I am not entirely happy with it, last time it was too gingery red when I wanted more of a mahogany red. I don't think it beats a visit to the salon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now