Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Esalon - any one tried them?

(2 Posts)
StormyLovesOdd Thu 04-Jun-15 00:03:23

Just came across them, are the colours better/longer lasting than the ones you can buy in Boots?

Home colours always fade really quickly on me but I can't afford to get it done at the hairdressers.

arleta66 Thu 25-Jun-15 11:20:54

Hi , I have tried this, I have coloured my hair at home for many years, and had been using a non ammonia one that you can get from Health shops, but this was no longer covering grey. I had same problem of colour fading too. I have to say that I have used it twice now and the colour wasn't quite as I wanted it, but their customer service is very good and they issued me with a credit when colour came out too red/coppery. I have quite long thick hair and there was one bottle for ends and one for roots, there was loads left over. I also got it on an offer I think it was £7.99 plus postage. It takes about 2 weeks to come. I found it had a very strong smell of ammonia, but as i said I have been using an ammonia free one so I can't say how it would compare to standard home hair colours like Nice & easy etc. The instructions are personalised too so if you have root re growth or resistant greys instructions may vary. I would say it is a bit better than buying a home colour in a shop as it can be mixed to exact colour you want. Mine has come out a bit darker this time and I am not entirely happy with it, last time it was too gingery red when I wanted more of a mahogany red. I don't think it beats a visit to the salon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: