Talk

Advanced search

No aluminium deodorant

(36 Posts)
LesleyKnopeFan Wed 03-Jun-15 21:13:34

I've tried the Salt on the Earth one which is fine on normal days but I need something stronger for warmer/hormonal blush days.

Can anyone recommend one that is very good for sweaty chicks? blushblushblushblushblush

MrsNPattz Wed 03-Jun-15 21:15:43

Forever Living's aloe deodorant!

LesleyKnopeFan Wed 03-Jun-15 21:47:41

Thanks Mrs, where can you buy that?

MrsNPattz Wed 03-Jun-15 21:55:20

I will message you smile

mac12 Wed 03-Jun-15 21:59:17

Bionsen roll-on, you can get it from boots and superdrug, about £2.50

SweetAndFullOfGrace Wed 03-Jun-15 22:02:06

I used pitrock for a while, never smelly. I did find I had to use lots and lots though, much more than normal deodorant.

DrankSangriaInThePark Thu 04-Jun-15 14:12:10

You might want to read this thread OP before falling for a Forever Living product.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2394271-Ive-been-sucked-into-forever-living-Why-do-I-feel-like-the-bad-guy

I had no idea what it was before I read your thread, then soon after saw that one in Chat.

I've used and liked the Lush one which is actually for men before, I think it's called Aroma something. It's yellow and citrusy. None of the other "natural" ones have ever done squat for me.

ZaraW Thu 04-Jun-15 15:46:47

I like Toms of Maine. I sweat a lot and it got me through a summer of working in Dubai.

BabCNesbitt Thu 04-Jun-15 16:05:34

In the US I liked a brand called Crystal Essence, the roll on kind. Seemed to last through hot days (though I lived in a pretty arid area). I still buy it from Amazon here.

Avoid the Holland and Barrett Dr Organic ones. They're useless confused

Wenglish Thu 04-Jun-15 16:51:17

Weleda ones are good

squoosh Thu 04-Jun-15 17:38:05

Don't get sucked into buying any Forever Living crap OP!

specialsubject Thu 04-Jun-15 18:12:22

your call of course, but no evidence at all that aluminium in deodorant is a cancer risk. The amount you might take in is far less than the amount you end up eating.

Potterwolfie Thu 04-Jun-15 21:51:58

Another vote each for Crystal Essence and Tom's. I live in hot part of US and they keep me going throughout the very hot and humid summers/gym workouts/outdoor runs in 90+. I also have one from Kiss My Face which is great, and they also do brilliant sunscreen too.

AppleYumYum Thu 04-Jun-15 23:13:35

Get yourself some Soapwalla deodorant cream, I've tried Green People, Weleda, you name it but it's the only non nasties thing that actually works. Bit weird rubbing it on with your fingers but it really seems to work, maybe it's the clay in it?

Milllii Thu 04-Jun-15 23:14:44

I like pitroks roll on for women. Nice fragrance. You need to put it on straight after bath or shower. You can also get pitrok wipes to carry with you for times when you need a proper freshening up after a run.

Rocket82 Thu 04-Jun-15 23:44:26

I always add this when I see a deoderant thread, but you shoul try bicarbonate of soda (baking soda). I tried Pitrock, wella, crystal essence and many others. Nothing worked. After a year or so I was about to give up and go back to antiperspirant when I tried bicarbonate of soda. No odour at all 24 hours later. I couldn't believe it. I now use it once a day, no smell, even cycling up hills for 5 miles to work and sweating profusely. If you try it, please feed back as I'd love to know if it works so well for others.

LesleyKnopeFan Fri 05-Jun-15 09:20:58

What do you do with the baking soda do you mix into a paste?

BerniceBobsHerHair Fri 05-Jun-15 09:56:26

Also second Toms - it works for my sweaty DH grin

MrsNPattz Fri 05-Jun-15 09:58:55

Wow! Wait a minute, none of you are going to join my cult team?!? Bugger I better go and pounce on another thread that asked for advice so I can honestly answer with what has worked for me find people to hold a gun to their head so that they get sucked in winkgrinshockblush

Rocket82 Sat 06-Jun-15 08:11:03

Just dust a bit on no need to make a paste. Npattz??? Cult??? OP asked for a recommendation!

imip Sat 06-Jun-15 08:14:39

I use biosen, available at all bigger supermarkets/boots etc it's in a little blue bottle.

Amserhaf Sat 06-Jun-15 21:25:30

The volcanic crystal potassium alum stones are completely natural and work very well. The other "natural" deodorants are mostly man made.

EssexMummy123 Sat 06-Jun-15 21:29:50

lush for me

clatteringhooves Sat 06-Jun-15 21:54:34

This one earthconscious.co.uk/collections/earth-conscious-products/products/earth-conscious-natural-organic-deodorant is easily the best one we have ever used - and we've tried a lot! Even dh is a convert!

griselda101 Sat 06-Jun-15 21:59:54

i love the Dr Organic Moroccan Argan Oil deodorant, it doesn't leave me sweaty and it smells lush too. you can get it in Holland and barrett.

I've used the JASON (?) stick deodorants but they seem to be quite wet and don't dry out as well / work as well to stop the smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now