Talk

Advanced search

Moulin Rouge dress code...

(5 Posts)
BeginnerSAHM Wed 03-Jun-15 16:58:24

We're going to a party that has a Moulin Rouge dress code. I'm not keen on revealing too much and can't think of how to adapt anything I already own (- I don't have any can-can skirts or basques blush) so can anybody suggest a hire place in London? Not keen on the polyester hooker look that I've seen so far when googling...! And what on earth should DH wear (apart from a curly moustache drawn with black eyeliner?)! Any ideas gratefully appreciated...!

Twinklestein Wed 03-Jun-15 18:24:36

Google: burlesque gothic steampunk

What about something like this

Not too short.

FreiasBathtub Wed 03-Jun-15 19:58:58

I've had a good experience with Mad World near Old St and friends have used Angels on Shaftesbury Ave. Both ought to have something a bit nicer than the polyester horrors you're trying to avoid - I know exactly what you mean!

If you don't fancy frills and corsets, how about going as one of the patrons? Nice fitted tux, very Yves Saint Laurent, with a top hat, white silk scarf and spats - I think cross-dressing is definitely in the spirit of Moulin Rouge wink

BeginnerSAHM Sat 06-Jun-15 08:39:23

Thanks both. Twinkle - nice outfit but too much to spend on something I'll never wear again. Ended up going down the tutu, long gloves and corset route! Tutu fairly substantial and almost down to knees and 'corset' (not too booby). Plus not v expensive from amazon. Haven't worn a tutu for 30 years....

Dowser Sat 06-Jun-15 10:40:10

This thread is no good without pics lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now