Talk

Advanced search

Vic Beckham wearing a dress from her collection - yay or nay?

(23 Posts)
WipsGlitter Wed 03-Jun-15 16:06:54

Posh wearing a red dress from her own collection. Mostly I like her stuff but I'm not sure about it - the fabric looks tweedy but given how light it looks i doubt that it is; it also looks too big round the bust and I am not sure about the buttons either. I like the trousers she has on later though.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Wed 03-Jun-15 16:10:45

I like the dress but it needs lining, the slit is too high and the buttons look slightly strained

I hate hate the trousers with black panels to give a fake thigh gap

wonkylegs Wed 03-Jun-15 16:14:56

Awful cut for both the trousers and the dress. Don't look well made either. If they look crap on a clothes horse like VB just imagine how awful they would look on the rest of us. I like the indigo shoes though.

slug Wed 03-Jun-15 16:18:07

I love it. I's the first VB dress I've seen that I can visualise myself wearing.

JulyKit Wed 03-Jun-15 16:20:02

Nope. Both outfits are totally awful.
The dress fits really badly and the cut doesn't suit the fabric at all. It looks like a home made effort produced by a very, very beginnerish dressmaker, and as if it's found its way into a not-very-well-run charity shop before ending up on VB.

The trousers, also, are fucking rubbish, unfortunately. Those black panels look like the protective panels on cheap jodhpurs. So nay and neigh to that.

VB needing a couple of tucks around the knees as well as on dress.

Lynne2015 Wed 03-Jun-15 16:29:28

the dress looks too big

Millipedewithherfeetup Wed 03-Jun-15 16:38:10

Agree the dress does look too big and a bit home made ish, trousers are not too bad though, have seen much worse!

PetiteBateau Wed 03-Jun-15 16:52:25

It looks like it has been made by someone who has no grasp of tailoring

PetiteBateau Wed 03-Jun-15 16:53:41

That dress looks like a sewing project by someone who has never made an item of clothing before

PetiteBateau Wed 03-Jun-15 16:56:27

Excuse me repeating myself, it's been a long day & i thought my 1st post hadn't gone.

TallulahFallula Wed 03-Jun-15 17:05:12

It looks like it was made by Maria Von Trapp when she ran out of curtains and started on the carpets.

KiteKit Wed 03-Jun-15 17:13:20

Dreadful! But I really don't rate her 'style' whatsoever, she always looks waaaaaaay too over done and cheap for me - she is styled to within an inch of her life and she does not have a natural style or charisma imo.

chanie44 Wed 03-Jun-15 17:56:58

I don't like how the material look on my phone -I agree it looks like tweed.

I also think she doesn't have enough of a bust to wear it. It may look better on someone a bit more curvy. I also think the slit is too high and there is too much material for her frame.

I do like the low back though.

CrystalMcPistol Wed 03-Jun-15 18:01:51

Both the dress and trousers are pretty awful.

And the dress makes her look so short! I realise she's probably not massively tall in real life but she usually gives the impression of height in photos. Not here.

OnlyLovers Wed 03-Jun-15 18:05:02

The dress looks too big and gives her a fake roll of belly fat (which I'd have thought was impossible!). And the split is too high if she feels that she has to clutch at it; doesn't make the wearer look very sexy or confident at all.

The trousers are loud and the fake shape they give her legs is grotesque.

Nil points.

Cancookdontcook Wed 03-Jun-15 18:52:47

That dress is hideous. Everything about it. The material, shape, cut, buttons.

My first thought was it looks like something I used to rustle up myself in an afternoon when I was a student and couldn't afford real clothes.

Floisme Wed 03-Jun-15 19:16:56

I don't think it quite works but I like the disconnect between a slinky, thigh-split shape and a tweedy fabric.

I don't like the trousers.

MarshaBrady Wed 03-Jun-15 19:22:19

Not keen on either. The dress doesn't look right.

Moaningsister Wed 03-Jun-15 19:22:24

It looks comfy so I quite like it.

skylerwhite1 Wed 03-Jun-15 19:29:37

She has such tiny waist, however think the dress shape makes her look very straight up and down. It might make a normal size woman look chunky. plus why won't she bloody well smile such a miserable puss on her always

Bakeoffcake Wed 03-Jun-15 19:30:05

I like the idea of the dress- but it looks too long and is very ill fitting.

The trousers are bloody awful.

Tanaqui Wed 03-Jun-15 19:40:25

I loved the dress but hate the trousers.

stoopstoconker Wed 03-Jun-15 19:47:36

Agree with petitebateau about lack of knowledge wrt tailoring and draping. I feel that way about most of VB's clothes she even managed to make Elle McP look lumpy, but each to their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now