Talk

Advanced search

Good high street bodyscrub?

(22 Posts)
knittingbat Wed 03-Jun-15 10:51:26

That's it really. I have sworn by scrubby gloves for years but just flew through a cheap tub of superdrug vit e scrub and amazed at how much smoother my skin is. Would repurchase it but would just like a heads up if there's anything else on th high street that's good!

Gusthetheatrecat Wed 03-Jun-15 11:17:52

I really love 'Flakeaway' by Soap and Glory. I have been through other scrubs that were too oily, too watery, too scrubby (ouch) and not scrubby enough (annoying), but this one I find is perfect. Best buying when it's on offer, though, as the offers happen v frequently.

ihatethecold Wed 03-Jun-15 11:19:10

another vote for Soap and Glory.
cant remember the name of mine, might be something to do with Oranges!

PersonalClown Wed 03-Jun-15 11:22:14

I like the Soap and Glory brown sugar scrub.

Misssss Wed 03-Jun-15 12:18:11

The Garnier one, body smoother or something. It comes in a yellow tube and is half price in superdrug at the moment. Really good stuff and not as greasy as the sng stuff.

Thisishowyoudisappear Wed 03-Jun-15 13:21:49

Sanctuary Spa Professional Microdermabrasion Body Renewal (catchy name) is very good. You use it on dry skin. Also it doesn't contain plastic microbeads, which are very damaging to the environment.

knittingbat Wed 03-Jun-15 13:27:55

Yes I was wondering about the microbeads... Presumably the brown sugar one just dissolves? Love s&b, had never heard about the microbead issue before here. Thanks all!

ohmymimi Wed 03-Jun-15 13:28:57

Granulated sugar mixed with the oil of your choice (I like almond) and used before washing, or just added to your shower cream or shower oil. Cheap and really effective.

Lottapianos Wed 03-Jun-15 13:31:00

I always go back to Soap and Glory - either Flake Away or Sugar Crush. Brilliant, smell gorgeous, scrubby but not too harsh for my dry skin, leave skin feeling so soft.

Thisishowyoudisappear Wed 03-Jun-15 15:24:23

That's a good tip ohmy, I haven't done that for ages. Used to use a homemade salt scrub when I was younger - lovely when it gets in any cuts! confused sugar is much better!

Truckingalong Wed 03-Jun-15 18:15:34

Soap n glory is good but the yellow Garnier one also mentioned on here is even better.

Thisishowyoudisappear Wed 03-Jun-15 18:23:36

It does contain microbeads though, I think. Shame if so because it smells lovely.

Tweezertastic Wed 03-Jun-15 18:54:45

I like the lemon and verbena body polish from natures extract at m and s. I bought it yesterday reduced to £1.50. Just as good as the Garnier one imho

ihatethecold Wed 03-Jun-15 19:42:01

How do you know if it contains plastic beads?

ArcheryAnnie Wed 03-Jun-15 19:57:20

Boots vanilla body scrub - smells like pudding, heavenly, smooth skin, and no microbeads. (They use finely crushed walnut shell as an exfoliate.)

ArcheryAnnie Wed 03-Jun-15 19:58:30

You can get an app, ihatethecold, from here: www.beatthemicrobead.org/en/

ihatethecold Wed 03-Jun-15 20:03:58

Thanks Annie.

Thisishowyoudisappear Thu 04-Jun-15 11:59:08

Thanks Annie. If the ingredients say 'polyethylene' or 'nylon' they are in there.

thefudgeling Fri 05-Jun-15 20:03:57

Another vote for S&G sugar crush. Or make your own with sugar and oil with a few drops of your favourite essential oil. I made a lovely peppermint one the other day.

HelenF350 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:31:10

Granulated sugar and coconut oil, lovely on your skin. smile

Wotsitsareafterme Fri 05-Jun-15 21:08:37

s&g is good but it's not as good at the vit e one. I had forgotten all about it thanks op I will be stocking up!

Coastingit Fri 05-Jun-15 22:02:41

I use soap and glory too 'the scrub if your life' which is fab, but I just looked on their website and they have quite a few different exfoliators here I might try the Orangeasm one as I love the shower gel with same scent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now