Hot cloth cleansing and removing eye make up

(12 Posts)
pussinboots61 Tue 02-Jun-15 23:43:41

Those of you who use hot cloth cleansing, do you use a separate eye make up remover? I use Liz Earle cleanser and find it really good but it doesn't remove all my black eyeliner. Should I use a separate eye make up remover?

DCITennison Tue 02-Jun-15 23:58:41

I remove all my makeup first, then hot cloth/ double cleanse.
Suppose really I'm triple cleansing which sounds a bit extreme now I think about it... It's not though, I just see it as getting the gunk out of the way before actually cleaning the skin.
To remove the makeup I just use oil and a baby wipe. Have yet to find an actual makeup remover the that works better than a bit of oil.

Hallyracket Wed 03-Jun-15 00:58:36

what kind of oil do you use DCIT?

VillaVillekulla Wed 03-Jun-15 08:54:26

I apply oil cleanser to face, wipe off with cotton wool pad, then put a bit of eye make up remover on the pad and wipe off my eye make up, then I use the hot cloth to take off any residue and to exfoliate.

Lottapianos Wed 03-Jun-15 08:56:05

I use Garnier micellar water to take off eye make up and lipstick, then double cleanse

Grumpyoldbiddy Wed 03-Jun-15 08:59:04

Chuffing heck! I set out 2 days ago to do hot cloth cleansing after some advice on here and reading this have realised that I forgot to do it yesterday.
So you lot take make up off and then clean your face twice? So three times in total? I can't even remember to do it once!

Lottapianos Wed 03-Jun-15 11:33:30

No Grumpy, I only use micellar water on eye shadow and mascara coz I find cleanser doesn't take them off properly. Then I rub cleanser over whole face and remove with hot flannel - that takes off the rest of make up. Same again with cleanser - that cleans my skin once makeup has been removed. You can use same cleanser for both times.
It really works - my skin is much clearer and glowier since I started

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 03-Jun-15 12:22:08

I use Loreal micellar gel yo remove eye make up then hot cloth cleanse.

pussinboots61 Wed 03-Jun-15 12:26:42

Thanks for your replies. I thought the hot cloth cleanser was meant to remove all make up, the Liz Earle one states so anyway, the point being just one product but it seems not so. Has anyone used eye make up remover pads to save buying cotton wool?

creampie Wed 03-Jun-15 12:30:50

You can just use the same hot cloth cleanser twice if you want. Try it. If the cloth still seems to have make up on it the second time, then it hadn't got rid of it all the first time, I guess.

I do double cleansing with micellar water then hot cloth, and there's always a bit of residue. I suppose it depends how much make up you wear!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 03-Jun-15 12:34:07

I used to hot cloth cleanse on my eyes but I needed up getting a it blurry and the optician recommended using micellar gel/water.

Grumpyoldbiddy Wed 03-Jun-15 22:17:29

<googles micellar gel / water>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now