Afternoon tea at The Sanderson

(9 Posts)
Twinklestar2 Tue 02-Jun-15 23:23:05

What would you wear?

ohmymimi Wed 03-Jun-15 14:03:46

Is that the Mad Hatter's Tea Party? It looks like fun. If you check out the pics on Trip Advisor, no-one looks very dressed up (or like Alice smile). I'd go in my version of smart casual (ankle grazers, shirt, cashmere cardi, maybe with a silk scarf, ballet flats) or a simple shift dress/light jacket or cardi. I'm no fashion plate, though, and I hate dressing up. Lucky you! Hope you have a great time, whatever you decide to wear.

Twinklestar2 Wed 03-Jun-15 14:56:02

Didn't think to check Trip Advisor - thanks!

EnidAlexandraRollins Wed 03-Jun-15 15:07:20

You're likely to get the whole range of super-dressed up to very casual people who have dropped in whilst they're shopping. No hard and fast rules - so go with what you feel happiest with smile

(I've been twice. And had lots of lunches/drinks there!)

slug Wed 03-Jun-15 15:34:45

I took DD to that for a treat. Not cheap, but loads of fun. Wear what you like. From memory DD and I were both sporting jeans and uniqulo long sleeved tops. DD may also have had a hoodie on at one point.

Twinklestar2 Thu 04-Jun-15 09:45:45

Thanks! Am hoping the weather is nice so I can wear a dress and wedges smile

alisaima Sat 06-Jun-15 23:54:53

wear anything you please, it's full of tourists most of the days!

Twinklestar2 Sun 14-Jun-15 07:52:06

I ended up wearing a black chiffon top from oasis, burgundy skinnies and nude heels with a jacket and scarf. Most people were in similar or in dresses and heels.

Hope that helps anyone who may be going smile

Christelle2207 Sun 14-Jun-15 08:07:33

I've been. Didn't occur to me to dress up tbh. Think I wore jeans and a niceish top!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now