Talk

Advanced search

Two weddings, same shoes?

(16 Posts)
Mouseymum Tue 02-Jun-15 23:19:12

Hi there, wise mumsnetters!

So two of DH's friends are getting married this year - 8 weeks between the 2 weddings.
I have two completely different outfits and one pair of sandals that goes with both. The same group of friends will attend each wedding.
OK to reuse the shoes?
TIA!

Pantsalive Tue 02-Jun-15 23:26:35

Yes

BackforGood Tue 02-Jun-15 23:27:14

Whyever wouldn't you ? confused

If any one of those guests remembers your shoes after 8 weeks, they're paying too much attention!

Unless they're really memorable like these:
www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-heels/when-in-gnome-heel

Pantsalive Tue 02-Jun-15 23:28:34

Gilbert smile

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 02-Jun-15 23:30:15

I don't think you should. I lied.

Mouseymum Tue 02-Jun-15 23:40:51

Hehe at the gnomes! No, they're not that memorable! Hooray at responses, I was dreading finding another pair to fit my weirdly sized feet!

balletgirlmum Tue 02-Jun-15 23:49:21

I have one pair of dressy shoes that I wear to everything. ive had them for 5 years now.

There's no way I'd buy new shoes if I alreeady had a pair that matched an outfit. In fact if I buy a dress to attend a wedding in I wear it for the next few weddings too.

AlisonBlunderland Tue 02-Jun-15 23:52:47

If Anita Wintour can get away with wearing the exact same shoe with everything for the last 20 years, yes you can!

burnishedsilver Tue 02-Jun-15 23:54:39

Absolutely. It would be crazy to buy another pair when the ones you have work well.

Mouseymum Wed 03-Jun-15 17:07:45

Thanks! I do reuse when with different sets of friends, just wasn't sure with the same!

Italiangreyhound Wed 03-Jun-15 17:28:49

Yes - unless you buy cheap shoes or have lots of money.

specialsubject Wed 03-Jun-15 17:49:28

WTF? Were you going to throw them after one wearing?

I wouldn't even bother with a second dress.

Doobigetta Wed 03-Jun-15 18:32:26

I once wore the same dress to three weddings with the same set of guests over the course of a single season. Anyone who has a problem with that should make more effort to get married in a year when no-one else does smile

Mouseymum Fri 05-Jun-15 11:09:37

No, I wouldn't chuck them, just wear them at a later date and/or with diferent friends!

burnishedsilver Fri 05-Jun-15 11:22:36

I agree with you about the outfit. I wouldn't be inclined to wear the same thing with the same set of friends (partially because I like getting dressed up) but that doesn't apply to shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now