Talk

Advanced search

Curing permanently greasy hair?

(4 Posts)
p0mb34r Tue 02-Jun-15 22:21:55

Ever since puberty my hair has always been greasy.
The more often I wash it the greasier it gets, if I wash it every day after just a few hours it will be disgusting again.
I've tried washing it less and less and this works but if I have to wash it between the scheduled washes, say for an event, it just goes back to getting greasy after a day or so again. I also horse ride a few times a week so it really needs a wash to cure serious hat hair.
It is the same with dry shampoo, the more often I use it the worse it gets.

I was wondering if there were any shampoos anyone has had success with that don't necessarily strip all the grease out as I guess like your skin the more oil you remove the more it tries to compensate?
Or has anyone ditched shampoo altogether?

I don't condition the roots etc.

Thanks in advance!

BabyGanoush Tue 02-Jun-15 22:50:14

Use a very gentle silicon free shampoo, and have a hairstyle that does not require you running your hands through your hair.

yazzy85 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:56:14

I tried Aussie Mega after reading about it on here, works well for my greasy hair!

Gumnast2014 Sat 06-Jun-15 06:46:24

I had this and do a bicarbonate mix. Tablespoon with water and pasted on. Then apple cider vinegar diluted with water and rinsed off.

Works every time

Also second clarifying shampoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now