Talk

Advanced search

Salycilic acid

(6 Posts)
sonata1 Tue 02-Jun-15 20:37:45

I already use Alpha H Liquid Gold and their glycolic acid masks and exfoliators but suffer from what I now think is called sebaceous filaments on my nose. No sooner have you expressed your pores they fill up again. I have ordered the Bravura salycilic acid. Can someone recommend a regimen for me please? I also have Clarins oils but couldn't tell you which out of the 3 is for me as my skin has elements of all ! I am early 60's and have dry mature skin which is also combination with some flaky areas on my nose and open pores. Am I combination, dry or dehydrated? Eeeek it's all so confusing.

sonata1 Wed 03-Jun-15 11:02:53

Bump...anyone?

Kennington Wed 03-Jun-15 16:05:33

I stopped using oil on my nose at night as I had the same
And avoid the usual silicones and mineral oil too and high factor sun cream
Otherwise I do a v similar regimen to you and they have all but gone

sonata1 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:52:35

So I used the Bravura salicylic acid for the first time last night. It went well with no adverse reaction. I know that it causes a purge of the skin. Well I don't have spots, just large pores. is it normal to get bumpy skin like a fine rash on the skin ? Is this dirt etc coming up from the pores?

FrugalFashionista Mon 08-Jun-15 15:06:35

Check out this routine, you can use local Western products: a salicylic acid pad, clay mask and a cleansing balm. I am not getting bumps from salicylic acid - maybe skip that step and do the other bits? I do BHA + clay weekly and it still works.

I also feel that many creams just fill the pores on my nose and stay there, stopping using them has helped a lot. Fluid sunscreen may be better than a creamy one.

sonata1 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:23:11

Interesting article FF. Thanks you. I am at the BHA for 2 mins stage so I am not sure about leaving it on for 25 mins yet. Maybe I need to work up to that amount of time first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now