Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to london restaurant?

(8 Posts)
Eebs Mon 01-Jun-15 21:24:46

So I am leaving the safety of East Yorkshire and heading down to London where my brother is going to take me to Aqua Shard in The Shard. What do I wear?! I used to live in London but I was in my 20s. I am now 42 and comfortable in not particularly stylish clothes, though I don't think I am 'frumpy'. I get the feeling I don't want to be too over the top dressed up (it will be a Tuesday) so are nice jeans and top with heeled boots ok? Dress code is smart casual. I think this look suits me so I would feel comfortable. I am size 10-12 but I have big runners legs and my arms are not very toned. I am also very pale so don't feel that comfortable showing off the limbs. I won't rule it out though. So what should one wear in London these days?

MrsNuckyThompson Mon 01-Jun-15 21:29:12

Nice jeans, top and boots sounds perfect. Enjoy!

bialystockandbloom Mon 01-Jun-15 21:29:57

When are you coming? It's windy and not warm here atm but forecast is for a heatwave in June. In which case if it's really hot I'd wear a dress (and bare legs - fake tan? St Tropez gradual tan is good, not too obvious at all). Also is it lunch or dinner? Jeans prob ok for lunch (just) but I wouldn't wear to dinner.

Though have to admit I haven't been to the Shard restaurant so don't know quite how smart it is. Sorry that's not helpful is it grin

Eebs Mon 01-Jun-15 21:31:27

Oh thank goodness. I can cope with that. Thank you!

Eebs Mon 01-Jun-15 21:33:19

It's dinner. I'm coming second week in June. Hadn't thought about heat. Hmm not done fake tan since my 20s either. I could consider it. I Bet they've improved! Thanks for ideas.

AyMamita Mon 01-Jun-15 21:56:23

Aqua Shard is fancy. If it's any consolation it will be full of people who are not from London and are having a big fancy night out. If you are going to wear jeans, go for dark coloured skinnies with fierce shoes.

Eebs Mon 01-Jun-15 22:02:44

Ooh fierce shoes. I love that phrase. Ok so I think I will do some shopping. I don't want to have one of those situations like in sex and the city where the out of town woman is easily spotted as she has a scrunchy in her hair

ygritte Mon 01-Jun-15 23:02:19

I wouldn't wear jeans there. If it means that you have to go out and buy something else then don't go to the trouble but I would wear skirt or dress with heels or trousers and blouse with heels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now