Talk

Advanced search

Bra help!

(8 Posts)
LesleyKnopeFan Mon 01-Jun-15 11:05:06

I'm a nightmare size, most bras don't fit and then I'm fussy in that I only wear t-shirt bras.

Anyhoo, spent 90 quid on 3 Calvin Klein bras on Friday, got fitted with them in a dept store.

Worn 1 a couple of times and although very comfy and more supportive than others, I've noticed that my left boob is quite a bit bigger than the right and the cup is cutting across slightly (not the bone bit, the cup bit), so I have a very slight 'double boob' on the left.

My question is this, how bad is this for my breast and will the cup 'give' a little?

The overspill is very slight and hardly noticeable, but I know you have to be carful with your breast tissue.

Thanks.

SorrelForbes Mon 01-Jun-15 11:34:10

OK, IME it's unlikely that the cup will 'give'.

T-Shirt bras (and I'm presuming you mean the moulded cup sort?) are notoriously hard to get a good fit with for many people. Then cup doesn't mould to your shape at all so unless you're the same shape as the cup, you'll have issues with the fit.

Where did you get fitted? Have you measured following this guide]]?

LesleyKnopeFan Mon 01-Jun-15 13:46:36

I've just used that measurement and I come out at a 29 f!!

29 back and 35 boobs.

With the greatest of respect to the site, my boobs are pretty small but wide. Then best size I have ever settled on is a 32 D. I have tried on 30 DDs and I just don't fill the cup.

I'm returning the bras, I'm sure they'll return the one I've worn, I've only worn it twice and since the first use had to tighten it up 2 notches as it has 'given' so much.

SorrelForbes Mon 01-Jun-15 14:23:35

Measurements of 29/36 suggest a size somewhere around 28E/FF and 30DD/E. A 32D has the same cup volume as a 30DD and a 28E. All those sizes are pretty small cups tbh.

Shape is the big thing here I suspect. Are your boobs fuller on the top or the bottom? If you've got fairly wide set boobs then a balconette shape (perhaps from Freya, Curvy Kate or Bravissimo own brand) might be better for you.

LesleyKnopeFan Mon 01-Jun-15 14:40:41

Definitely fuller at the bottom, literally nothing at the top! My boobs are too close together for balconette. If I go for a smaller cup the bones don't reach far back enough under my armpits.

I sound lovely!

LesleyKnopeFan Mon 01-Jun-15 14:55:33

I know I sound difficult but I really have tried sooooo many bras, I I guess I could get good fitting bras with lots of structure and lace etc but I wear lots of smooth clothes, so I need to smooth line underneath.

Plus I hate big shoulder straps.

I'm quite thin and I do wear fairly close-fitting clothes and it looks tacky with bra on show.

I thought these Calvin Kleins were the answer! I'm going to try Boux Avenue and John Lewis next.

SorrelForbes Mon 01-Jun-15 17:36:46

You're not difficult! grin

OK, so you're bottom heavy, with close set boobs that extend out (wide) to the side of your body? You need something that doesn't have too much fabric at the top and that has a narrow gore. Have you look at the Bravissimo Satine or the Cleo Marcie? A balconette with a narrow gore could work. I'd avoid plunges (a lot of t-shirt bras are this style) as you will find that your boobs 'puddle' in the bottom of them leaving lots of gaping at the top.

IIRC Boux Avenue start at a 32 and you really only do need a 28/30. Have you tried Debenhams? Their own brand comes up small so I'd suggest trying a 30E.

LesleyKnopeFan Mon 01-Jun-15 18:09:01

Thanks sorrel! You know your stuff. I have some debenhams vouchers so I will look in there. What you say makes complete sense. I guess I was looking for t-shirt styles but all I want is a smooth line.

Thanks again, will update you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now