Talk

Advanced search

Where to get make up?

(7 Posts)
Elfina Mon 01-Jun-15 09:01:47

I need some work make up - I want to look more 'done'.

If you had dark olive skin, we're early 30 ' s and worked in a clinical role in the nhs (psychologist), where would you go to get make up?

Kennington Mon 01-Jun-15 09:12:47

Korres does nice long wear eyeliners. Olive and grey are nice.
Benetint is natural looking for cheeks and lasts forever on cheeks but you need to put it on very moisturised skin
I would personally use a tubing mascara like no7 gold tube as they are long wearing don't smuge and aren't quite so dramatic as the usual mascaras
Then a touch of concealer and some highlighter with a slight gold sheen rather than a white silver one which can look space agey!
Oh I am pasty white but Mediterranean background

Letmegetanamechange Mon 01-Jun-15 09:17:55

I second kenningtons suggestion of the no7 tubing mascara, it's brilliant!

squizita Mon 01-Jun-15 09:47:26

Similar to Kennington (half Anglo Indian half Celtic... kind of white/yellow sallow).
I use Max Factor BB cream with a dusting of Corn Silk (can be tricky to find but Amazon stock it) with No 7 mascara and Avon tinted lip balm.
I could get more expensive products but I just find these the best for me!

violetbunny Mon 01-Jun-15 10:50:58

Bobbi brown. Has hands down the best variety of shades choices for foundation (I'm a medium olive tone and had no issues being matched) and is fantastic for polished but not over the top makeup. I'm especially a fan of her long wear cream shadows, long wear eyeliners (gel & pencil), pot rouge and lipsticks.

yazzy85 Mon 01-Jun-15 11:07:45

Estee Lauder have a very polished look to their foundations, double wear light is lovely.

Elfina Mon 01-Jun-15 12:10:23

Okay, there's a house of framer near where h work tomorrow which counter should I head to at lunch time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now