Accessorise me for graduation please!

(12 Posts)
goingmadinthecountry Sun 31-May-15 22:54:43

I'm thinking of wearing this www.longtallsally.com/p/tall/large-spot-ruched-side-dress-05J26 for dd1's graduation. Seems to fit the bill of not wedding guest but smartish.
I'm 51, brown collar length hair, size 18 soon to be 16 (hopefully) and 5'10'' so no high shoes. Also I need to walk a lot! Blues/greens suit me as do some reds - definitely not pink. My complexion is fair/yellow toned so it clashes.
I need to cover my arms (wool overs tie front cardigan or similar??) and have shoes and a bag. Any brilliant ideas please?

Thank you.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 31-May-15 23:15:27

Wow gorgeous dress. You suit reds. Well you've answered your own question red accessories
Red shoes
Red cardigan or dinner jacket
Red hair accessories
Silver brAclet
Silver ring
A silver chocker type necklace not a long one due to the neck line
Oh and for nAil polish either silver or navy

goingmadinthecountry Mon 01-Jun-15 00:14:39

I have these www.lafrivole.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Hobbs-Beige-and-Red-suede-peep-toe-wedge-espadrille-sandals.jpg but have never worn them - v v comfy but a bit high. Sale bargain.

DosDuchas Mon 01-Jun-15 06:30:17

No to red. You'll look like s primary school teacher.

DosDuchas Mon 01-Jun-15 06:31:56

The whole match red thing is not good.

Do navy heels. No necklace.

goingmadinthecountry Mon 01-Jun-15 19:53:03

I AM a primary school teacher! Don't want to look like one though, whether working or not... I think that's why I'm a bit wary of bright colours. I'll search for some navy heels I can walk a long way in. It's probably not the done thing to take my shoes off half way through the day!

SilverHawk Mon 01-Jun-15 22:09:39

Hello, your dress looks lovely. I'd go for navy shoes...or white if the graduation is into July.
PS I've been having the same problems X2

SilverHawk Mon 01-Jun-15 22:11:08

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2387186-Im-in-a-bit-of-a-pickle-with-the-accessories

SilverHawk Mon 01-Jun-15 22:12:40

Have you got a lot of travelling to do?

goingmadinthecountry Mon 01-Jun-15 23:02:48

It's hard, isn't it? Did you sort your colour for wrap/bag etc? We're staying in a hotel the night before and after so no travel on the day. If I have navy shoes I can choose a cardigan/find a bag.

Two back to back is a pit full on! Do you have to travel far between the two?

goingmadinthecountry Mon 01-Jun-15 23:03:34

BIT full on!!

SilverHawk Wed 03-Jun-15 22:10:49

At least they didn't clash, which was a real fear shock
We are going to grad1 and staying the night before. Ceremony is in the morning and we will stay for all the palaver afterwards (no lunch at a separate venue as graduand wants to stay with friends in situ). Grad1 heads home and we travel on to grad2 two to three hours away. Book in and crash out meet grad2. Out for a meal with grad2 and others. Then crash out. Up early for round two...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now