Talk

Advanced search

jeans recommendations please - size 14 pear shape

(10 Posts)
applesareredandgreen Fri 29-May-15 23:40:46

Can anybody recommend some jeans for me please? Preferably a dark denim straight leg And coming high enough up to hold my tummy in, stretchy enough for me to breathe and bend but not so that they bag. I'm size 14 with big hips/ thighs, age 51 , quite classic dresser.

For the past couple of years I've bought slim andshape jeans from next. I don't know if they have changed the cut but the ones I bought recently were really baggy and just didn't suit me. I've just tried some next skinnies the really stretchy ones which were really comfortable but didn't suit my shApe. Also I like to wear flats. Any ideas?

Thank you smile

applesareredandgreen Fri 29-May-15 23:41:57

Forgot to say I.m 5'4" so quite short!

itsveryyou Sat 30-May-15 00:19:40

I bought some Lee classic fit jeans, dark denim, straight leg, sit on the waist and they are THE most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever owned. Admittedly, they could be considered a little 'mom' jeans, but I think it depends how you style them. I'm a tall pear (5ft 11, size 14 jeans) these don't gape at the waist and are fitted and flattering through the thigh and bum, but you can move all you want in them. Love em!

AuntOlive Sat 30-May-15 00:31:01

I like the Primark high waist skinny jeans - but size down as they do stretch. Really flattering on me and I'm a 5.5 pear too.

applesareredandgreen Sat 30-May-15 09:17:51

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look at these smile

stevienickstophat Sat 30-May-15 09:37:49

Gap girlfriend jeans.

I'm a curvy 14, and the 30 regular are a perfect fit.

Super comfy, no muffin top, flattering. I love them so much I bought two pairs.

UmiSays Sat 30-May-15 11:50:20

Levi Curve? They do straight, slim and skinny leg in a range of rises and colours.

Depends how big of arse you are though. They have discontinued Bold Curve in the UK, which was great for the big of hip and bum. Demi Curve still decent for a bit of a bottom and thigh, though.

On a cheaper tip, New Look straight leg jeans are mid rise and thick but stretchy denim. Very flattering to a bit of a tum.

gerbiltamer Sat 30-May-15 13:21:54

Uniqlo jeans, I'm a 16 and wear a 32. If you go to the stores, they'll hem them for free.

Tangoandcreditcards Sat 30-May-15 13:23:42

I find phase 8 jeans a really good fit. Check out the Lucy ones, they're sort of grey/blue and on sale at the mo at House of Fraser.

ComingtoKent Sat 30-May-15 16:11:03

I'm also a 14 and like Levi's Demi curve and slight curve (not sure if they do these) - mine are 32 waist 30 leg, classic rise. I got some Gant jeans in the sale and they're lovely - dark and straight leg, highish waist.

I always used to be a Next jeans girl, but now I'm chunkier of thigh (and indeed everything else) they don't fit as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now