Talk

Advanced search

Do Kiehls normally give free samples when you buy?

(22 Posts)
EachandEveryone Fri 29-May-15 13:23:16

Or am I imagining it? If just being embarrassingly told a flat no by some really up himself bloke in a white coat. After spending £75 its payday I'm almost possitive I've bought from other branches where they have opened a wooden drawer and bunged a couple of samples in. I'm really going off shopping in Hampstead. In the Space NK they practically laughed me out of the shop one time.

CiderwithBuda Fri 29-May-15 13:27:43

They always have with me. Not Hampstead though.

EachandEveryone Fri 29-May-15 13:31:10

I thought they were known for it.

PrimroseEverdeen Fri 29-May-15 13:40:31

They normally give me some when I go into the store in my town.

EachandEveryone Fri 29-May-15 13:46:15

This branch is also supposed to give 25% off for local hospital employees. When I asked about that he looked liked he'd been slapped. I daren't push that one because I had no proof. I've seen it on the emails at work though. I don't know who I could ask at keihls about that as it does seem alot

Efferlunt Fri 29-May-15 13:54:16

Always have with me they usually ask if there is anything I'd like to try.

StayGoldPonyBoy Fri 29-May-15 14:02:36

They do, mine also give full 2 week trials of products, a skin assessment and a months worth of midnight recovery. I've been using khiels for years, I'm guilty of pretending to be a new customer a few times in my student days and getting a couple of weeks worth of my favourite products for free to tide me over til loan dayblush

EachandEveryone Fri 29-May-15 14:07:39

I don't know who to complain to

birkiekid Fri 29-May-15 15:28:38

The website says 3 samples with every order placed. If you get them when shopping online I can't see why the same wouldn't apply in-store.

sleepwhenidie Fri 29-May-15 15:30:08

Yes, IME, including in Hampstead confused

FrugalFashionista Fri 29-May-15 16:24:25

They are famous for their samples, they sometimes give them even if you are not buying stuff just to draw you in. Write to their head office or something, snooty cosmetics vendors should not be allowed to stay in business.

EachandEveryone Fri 29-May-15 16:30:50

He really was strange. Looked like a professor. Really clinical. It wasn't the experience I'm used to. Maybe it's because it's a tiny shop.

Kaspar19 Fri 29-May-15 21:43:04

Yeah the one in London has always given samples

GeorgieB89 Fri 29-May-15 22:04:54

Kiehls are part of L'Oreal, based in Hammersmith. Complain via the Kiehls website - there's tel number/email plus live chat. They'll may initially tell you they can only deal with issues relating to online purchases, but push them to forward your comments, if necessary. L'Oreal has scores of people to sort issues like this. There's also social media which usually does the trick, pronto. I'd phase it in a 'nice' way on social i.e. 'What a shame Kiehls won't let us trial their new launches'. Space NK is another story - I've noticed shops looking tired/run-down - something is defo going on there - I suspect they may be bought out soon - they have too much competition from the etailers now.

EachandEveryone Fri 29-May-15 22:28:16

Oh, I thought they were Estée Lauder. I will email them. Thanks.

EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 13:35:45

Well, that was a waste of a complaint he rang me up and left a message asking me to go in for a free skin consultation. And if I would go back to a tiny store where it would be obvious I'd complained. I ran the customer care after this and they couldn't understand why I was complaining so there you go. Not even an offer of a free sample!

HellonHeels Wed 10-Jun-15 14:13:30

Can you return the purchases? I'd be tempted to.

EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 14:24:59

Can't because I absolutely love them. I was right about the work discount as well it is 20 percent.

LeoandBoosmum Wed 10-Jun-15 15:08:46

Return the items. Then, re-order from John Lewis (free delivery over £50 or click and collect if you've one nearby). I wouldn't patronise that store tbh.

Did you ring Kiehl's CS on 0800 587 0830?

EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 15:11:29

Yes I rang the customer services after they emailed me telling me to go back to the store for a skin consultation. I rang them to say obviously I won't be going back to that store for a skin consultation, there is only ever one person working there.

I can't return as I'm using the products.

LeoandBoosmum Wed 10-Jun-15 15:22:59

Ring customer services back. Tell them you're a longtime, committed user of Kiehl's and that you usually look forward to and enjoy the experience of buying their products (because of free samples and nice CS) but that after your experience in the store you visited, you could be tempted to move away from Kiehl's and find another brand (clinical, impersonal manner and no samples etc).
Say you are so disappointed that you would have returned except you were out of products and needed to use them straight away. Also, ask why your hospital staff are promised 20% off but this is not honoured instore? They may ask you to take a pic and email the offer you saw.
Kiehl's CS is usually pretty good. Best to call back, I think.

EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 15:41:53

She said that the hospital offer has ran out now. Not sure why they didn't tell us that. I just thought it was ongoing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now