No.7 protect & perfect serum

(10 Posts)
Smarterthantheaveragebeaver Wed 27-May-15 20:18:42

Has anyone tried this? Does it actually work? I was given a £5 off voucher in Boots with my receipts today and was wondering. I squeezed a bit of the tester onto the back of my hand and it does feel nice and soft. Normally their vouchers go in the bin but I am looking a bit haggard atm....

Thisishowyoudisappear Wed 27-May-15 20:35:56

I was wondering the same thing. It's got a hell of a lot of silicones in it, which has put me off trying it.

codandchipstwice Wed 27-May-15 20:41:34

It really disagrees with me, lovely for first couple of days then face full of red itchy spots and peeling, flaky skin

Love all the Aldi serums for £3-49 instead

ItalianLemons Wed 27-May-15 20:43:19

Agree nice at first then makes me really itchy so I can't use it. Apparently thousands of women swear by it though!

prepperpig Wed 27-May-15 20:43:31

My MIL was in the initial testing trials for this and has the before and after pictures. You can tell the difference.

Having said that, that was about ten years ago now and I think there are much better formulations on the market nowadays. When P&P first came out there weren't many serums.

CommonplaceMagic Wed 27-May-15 20:46:02

I was given some for Christmas and it was fine. Didn't irritate my skin and my skin felt smooth after using it. But it wasn't a miracle a I wouldn't buy it for myself. Like codandchips I'm currently using an Aldi serum and the results are much the same.

Bunbaker Wed 27-May-15 20:48:09

Another Aldi serum fan here.

DrankSangriaInThePark Wed 27-May-15 21:06:29

I really really rate it. I have used lots of serums (including Clarins etc and other more expensive ones, ) but I always go back to this before I try the next.

Smarterthantheaveragebeaver Wed 27-May-15 21:27:43

Thanks, I think I'll give it a miss.

I've just been reading the beauty product hoard thread and that's also swayed me not to purchase grin

CointreauVersial Wed 27-May-15 22:28:30

Fantastic stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now